• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Why Do you Cruise?

Rate this topic

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

1. It amazes me that with 2,500 other people on the ship, that my DW and I can return to our cabin, close the door and feel like we have complete privacy. I don't get that feeling when I am in a hotel.

2. Caribbean blue water.

3. Absolutly no responsibilities at all(except getting back to the ship on time).

4. Sunsets over the open ocean.

5. Cruzan Rum for $5.00 a liter.

6. Tasting each islands local beer.

7. An annual retreat from reality. It is such a same that it only lasts a week!

Basically is is like a dialysis for the soul. You return cleansed and renewed.

I just saw this thread for the first time, so here's my answer(s)...

I do agree that it is the best bang for your buck

I love the ocean

When we vacation in the U.S., seems that Greg's office is constantly calling him and sending him emails. Even though it is possible for them to reach him on the ship, they have never done so and I highly doubt that he even has told them that they could reach him if necessary. He did receive a couple of cell phones call last cruise, but after the first one, he turned his phone off and did not return the calls until we were back in the home port...

We cruise because it's the easiest vacation for us since we're 30 minutes from Port Everglades and 45 minutes from Miami. We started cruising when the kids were little because we never had to worry about them being entertained. And , if they were happy, in camp Carnival, we could relax and enjoy. Because we don't have to fly, it's the cheapest vacation we could take. Also, I don't fly anymore, so that's that.

Everything that everyone else has said!

Also, for me it's just a whole different world for awhile. Some time away from reality. Time to forget about troubles and just watch the beautiful sea, and smell the fresh ocean air. It always seems to clear up my sinuses when out to sea. LOL Love the nice dinners and being waited on since I am a wife, mother, and now a grandmother who is usually doing the cooking, cleaning, and waiting on everyone else. Love that, though. :biggrin: I love the shows, especially the musicals. I love the singing and dancing and going back in time sometimes. I love to just sit on the balcony or a quiet spot on the ship and watch the sea and just feel God's presence all around us with this beautiful world.