• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Ship

Rate this topic

When you are on a cruise.. and you want to escape from EVERYONE (if you need to) where do you go?

If you have a Verandah do you send you cabin mates out and hunker down there? or do you head off to a small corner of the ship that no one else seems to know about? do you lose you self in the movie theater?

Where do you escape to when you are surrounded by people on a ship and your in the middle of the ocean?

Sometimes (especially on port days) I find a nice little spot by the adult pool. Another spot that's not as secluded but often quieter is on the outdoor promenade under the lifeboats.....may not be glamorous but is usually pretty quiet.

Our room! Next would be the balcony. Have to admit that I haven't had the "I have to hide out" urge while on a cruise. Hope it doesn't happen. But, it is nice to know that there are places to escape to.

One of the quietest/peacful places for me on board to relax believe it or not is right next to the pursers desk mid mornings on a port day.. usually there is a sitting area to the left or right... I can sit people watch and listen to the music they pump thru the intercom. look out the window if i want to.. and no one bothers me..