• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Biggest Pet Peeve

Rate this topic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand that small things may be big to other people. I just don't necessarily want to here the negativity when I'm on vacation. Frequently, these people will complain to anyone that they meet. Look, it's only a pet peeve. I will never let it ruin my good time. :biggrin:

Smokers! The wind blows it everywhere.. even half a deck away.

Unless you have physical condition, don't take the elevator one or two decks.

Passengers who walk out on shows in the middle of a song.. wait until the song is over.. then leave.. that is very rude to performers and your fellow passengers who are enjoying the show.

Loud voices in quiet places!

Joey, my BIGGEST pet peeve is this (and it has happened on every single cruise so far). At some point during the cruise, they dock the ship at the exact same place where we started and tell me I have to get off. Now that really pi$$es me off. Why should I have to get off? Why can't I go around the loop one more time. Waah...I don't wanna get off!

Okay, I've regained my composure. What was the question?

The above are some really good peeves.

Let's add a couple.

I recently saw a woman being boarded in a wheel chair. I thought to myself...one of these days I may be just like her and let them proceed to the front.

From that point on, she was never in a chair, dancing in a bar, walking all over the ship etc. That to me is more than rude. It is stealing from those that need the little extras.

Another is people pushing their way down a walkway aboard ship. They are really not going anywhere because we're at sea and the ship is just so long. We don't walk fast and will certainly give way to those that wish to go by. I guess this can be classified rude.

Someone mentioned sloppy people...On our last cruise in the buffet, we walked by an empty table that needed cleaning and I too a second look. There was as much food on the floor and in the chairs as was in the buffet. Who taught these people manners. Apparently No One. I guess this is also rude.

My biggest peeve is that I can't afford to cruise once a month like I want to... :biggrin:

Later

Jim

Someone mentioned sloppy people...On our last cruise in the buffet, we walked by an empty table that needed cleaning and I too a second look. There was as much food on the floor and in the chairs as was in the buffet.

On our last cruise, Santos Brazil to Lisbon Portugal, there were 1800 Portuguese speaking passengers, mostly Brazilian, out of a total 2100 passengers. They lived in a different time zone to most of the English speaking passengers. They went to bed at around 3:00am and got up around noon on the sea days. They seemed to congregate in the Windjammer and used it as a lounge. It was always jammed packed and the crew had a really tough time keeping the tables clean. We saw one man approach an empty table that was not cleaned up, he just swept all the dishes and left over food off the table and onto the floor. He and his wife then sat down to have their meal amid all the scattered debris. If I hadn't witnessed it, I would not have believed that someone could be so arrogant.

Jackie, Just read your pet peeve. I did not realize that we had been on the same cruise and that you were behind me in the buffet line :ninja:

But, not to worry, you don't get a figure like mine being slow in a buffet line. :tongue: After all we are the Buffet Capital of the World. :rolleyes2:

Ed - you're too funny!!

I have a story similar to jbond. On an Alaskan cruise it seemed like 25% of the passengers were from Japan. One morning at breakfast on the Lido Deck, we were sitting eating before getting off for our excursion. An American family with two children came to the table next to ours, put down their backpacks and bags and went off to the buffet to get their food. In the meantime a Japanese group were walking around looking for a table, they spotted this table and proceeded to make themselves at home. I'm NOT kidding you when I say that they sat ON TOP OF the bags. when the American family returned with their trays their jaws dropped open - the Japanese claimed the table and wouldn't budge...... oh my!! This was more than a pet peeve I can tell you.......

On this same cruise the same offenders would elbow us out of the way and bulldoze themselves into the elevators. I guess this is how they survive on the trains and elevators in Tokyo.... but we sure didn't appreciate being treated like that.

Cindy's pet peeve is the specialty restaurants where you have to pay extra. She doesn't understand why you have to pay extra to get "better" food than in the regular dining room. Just give us your best food everywhere.