• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First time to Cabo, Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta

Rate this topic

cruisingcats

We aren't much into excursions and was wondering if any of you wonderful people have just walked around on your own. We really are into the history of these places. Also shopping in each of the ports. Best places to get the best deals. Looking for magnets, hats, hat pins, dolls, and charms for my charm bracelet that I started in Alaska last summer. I am sure I have more questions but can't think of any right now. Thanks for any information that you have.

Old town Mazatlan is a must.... we just loved it...There is a walking tour that most cruise lines offer.. if you are so able .. I would suggest it very very highly.. I think it's like 24 dollars a person..

Thanks, Joey. I saw that one offered by our cruise line and thought it looked interesting. The price is reasonable, too. Will look into it again. Appreciate your help.

Old town Mazatlan is a must.... we just loved it...There is a walking tour that most cruise lines offer.. if you are so able .. I would suggest it very very highly.. I think it's like 24 dollars a person..

Thanks, Joey. I saw that one offered by our cruise line and thought it looked interesting. The price is reasonable, too. Will look into it again. Appreciate your help.

you are very welcome ..

Our Mexican Riviera cruise was a few years ago and we did not book any excursions. This is what we remember:

Cabo had a straw market at the tender dock. Very good prices, however they won't leave you alone. They had a very nice beach we could snorkel from except they beach venders would not leave us alone. We found out later there are better beaches that do not allow venders.

A group of us went to Old town Mazatlan on our own and had lunch at Carlos 'n Charlies and then went swimming across the road.

In PV we ended up at Senior Frogs after shopping and had a wild time with a group of over the road truck drivers and their wives. We knew one of the couples, who are both truck drivers, from a previous cruise.

Our Mexican Riviera cruise was a few years ago and we did not book any excursions. This is what we remember:

Cabo had a straw market at the tender dock. Very good prices, however they won't leave you alone. They had a very nice beach we could snorkel from except they beach venders would not leave us alone. We found out later there are better beaches that do not allow venders.

A group of us went to Old town Mazatlan on our own and had lunch at Carlos 'n Charlies and then went swimming across the road.

In PV we ended up at Senior Frogs after shopping and had a wild time with a group of over the road truck drivers and their wives. We knew one of the couples, who are both truck drivers, from a previous cruise.

Thanks, more stuff to think about. Going to have to print this out so I don't forget. Did you happen to see the cliff divers in Mazatlan and is it worth it? Thank you!

If you're going to visit the Old Town, you might as well see the cliff divers. It's only a half mile away, but I never realized it was that close till I walked it myself this past February!

Thanks Rat. Cliff divers is something we wanted to see. I hear the ones in Acapulco are really good but this intinery doesn't go that far down.

If you're going to visit the Old Town, you might as well see the cliff divers. It's only a half mile away, but I never realized it was that close till I walked it myself this past February!

Thanks Rat. Cliff divers is something we wanted to see. I hear the ones in Acapulco are really good but this intinery doesn't go that far down.

when we did the walking tour the cliff divers were "part" of the tour...