• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mariner of the Seas questions.

Rate this topic

zebra

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tropical Weather Update

August 27, 2008 - 10:30 a.m.

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Tropical Storm Gustav to ensure our guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm.

The safety of our guests and crew members is always our foremost concern.

Given Tropical Storm Gustav's location and projected path, we are altering the itinerary of two ships:

Ships sailing from Port Canaveral

Mariner of the Seas, which departed Port Canaveral, Sunday, August 24, will sail a revised itinerary. The ship will not be visiting Labadee, Haiti, on Tuesday; Ocho Rios, Jamaica, on Wednesday; George Town, Cayman Islands, on Thursday; or Cozumel, Mexico, on Friday. Instead, the ship will spend Tuesday at sea; visit St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, on Wednesday; and Philipsburg, St. Maarten, on Thursday. The ship will be at sea Friday and Saturday as it returns to Port Canaveral, Sunday, August 31, as scheduled.

I know this is not your run.. but be prepared for anything...

Joey, we know it's going to be crowded in the East next week! Thanks for the reminder.........

I am just saying it could be a mad house especially if one of these other storms brewing kicks up between now and then.. of course I know Rode you know the RCL website as good as anybody...so information i know you will have.. just share it for the lurkers..

Yea Joey.... we have followed this weeks' change of itinerary. But it looks good for us - as Gustav started further south than our islands.... but hey, whatever they decided is fine with me. We've cruised these ports so many times in the past - they can just cruise out in the big blue ocean for 7 days and I'll be just as happy... I'm one of those cruisers that LOVES sea days, no problem!