• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

We prefer the smaller ship and really are not interested in sailing with all those other people (just think of all that luggage to sort thru after the cruise.) That being said, we are busy planning a group cruise with friends we met on the Voyager - the same ones we get together with every few months - and Jim and I are the only dissenters to sailing on the Oasis. It's completely up in the air right now.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the mid-sized ships, but we have and will sail on the monsters. Oasis is certainly intriguing, but that may actually be too large. I can't totally rule it out, but maybe just a tour would suffice.

I like Royal Caribbean's Radiance class ships. I haven't been on the Freedom or the Liberty...just did the crossing on the Navigator in April....it took that entire time to really see the ship - and, while nice, it's just too big for my tastes. I did love Vintages Wine bar but, for the most part, the bars, etc, did not have ocean views as the Radiance class ships do.

As for the Oasis, I guess I would sail it some day, if the price were right. But I'm not going to jump on it right away. They had advanced sales two weeks before it was open to the public, for Diamond Plus RCI cruisers ( I'm am one ) but I wasn't even interested enough to look at cabins....further down the line for me...and, probably only because friends are going.

Not interested at all. I too got a call from RCI about booking first and told them I wasn't interested. More then 5000 passengers is way over my limit. I prefer Radiance class ships and smaller.

I'd like to see Oasis, Freedom or Liberty but not interested in sailing those ships unless they were very cheap and a time when few kids are sailing.

We prefer the smaller ship and really are not interested in sailing with all those other people (just think of all that luggage to sort thru after the cruise.) That being said, we are busy planning a group cruise with friends we met on the Voyager - the same ones we get together with every few months - and Jim and I are the only dissenters to sailing on the Oasis. It's completely up in the air right now.

We've never been lucky enough to sail with one other couple, much less a group; so we don't understand cruise group dynamics. Also, by our standards, the Voyager is a monster, more than twice as big as we prefer. What is it about the Oasis that makes your friends want to try it.

Large ships don't bother me at all. I just don't want to pay almost double what the other ships are charging for the same itinerary. Right now, Oasis is Eastern/Western (same old, same old islands). Don't get me wrong, I love those islands. However, if I can get to them cheaper, why would I sail on Oasis?

So I will play the wait and see game. Waiting to see if their prices drop.