• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

How far to the pier from Hyatt regency, Acapulco.

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Hi guys: We will be in the Island Princess in Feb. which leaves from Acapulco. Does anyone know how long it takes to reach the ship from this hotel which is located on the bay BTW? Thank you. Larry :cool2:

Larry once again if memory serves me

map_acara.gif

Ships dock across the way from the fort of san diego museum.. I am guessing that since downtown is about 10 minutes away from the Hyatt(by car) you will have a 30 minute walk at best... I would suggest a cab..

But i could be wrong...

Thank you gentlemen. BTW Joey I saw that same map a little while ago when I was doing some restaurant searching in ACA. Would you have any recommendations?

No recommendation on restaurants.. we tend to not eat in Mexico unless its on the ship..

I will alert you to when you come off the ship as you make your way out of the dock area .....there is a cute little sidewalk bazaar/type straw market/ type thing going on.. some fun things to look at.. prices are Mexico .. so nice place to pick up last minute souvenirs.

Joey

Thank you Joey. Actually we disembark in FLL so I suppose we can check out that market B4 we go. I sure hope the food is OK. We are there 2 days precruise. Gotta eat somewhere. :biggrin:

oh so you are staying at the hyatt.. the i would definately eat at the hotel..sorry i didnt understand..

Thank you Joey. Actually we disembark in FLL so I suppose we can check out that market B4 we go. I sure hope the food is OK. We are there 2 days precruise. Gotta eat somewhere. :biggrin:

oh so you are staying at the hyatt.. the i would definately eat at the hotel..sorry i didnt understand..

no problemo :biggrin:

Larry in that case stay with your national brands.. senior frogs.. hooters etc..i would think that they would have some standards that they must keep

Larry in that case stay with your national brands.. senior frogs.. hooters etc..i would think that they would have some standards that they must keep

Actually the funny thing is I did get sick when we were there B4 and it happened after eating at Dennys. :biggrin: Maybe I should bring a case of Ensure. :wink2: Actually I have heard of some nice places so hopefully we will be fine. As basically we will have two nights to dine I would like to go to some good spots. We'll see. I am sure I can find something. A friend of mine ate at the hotel Pierre Marques for a week while staying there AI so that is an option. Thank you. Larry :smile: