• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

A Question about motion sickness patches/pills

Rate this topic

On the Daily Dock, several of the Crazies talked about what they take for motion sickness. I'm just curious if anyone currently taking Cumadin has also used motion sickness meds.

My wife is on Cumadin (Warfarin), to prevent blood clots. She is going on a sailing yacht cruise next June, and is worried about the motion on a smaller boat. She does plan to discuss with her doctor, but I'm just curious if anyone has already checked into this. Thanks.

On the Daily Dock, several of the Crazies talked about what they take for motion sickness. I'm just curious if anyone currently taking Cumadin has also used motion sickness meds.

My wife is on Cumadin (Warfarin), to prevent blood clots. She is going on a sailing yacht cruise next June, and is worried about the motion on a smaller boat. She does plan to discuss with her doctor, but I'm just curious if anyone has already checked into this. Thanks.

for something like that .. i think it would be best to ask her doctor or at least her pharmacist for advice..

my husband used the patch on our cruise and they worked for him and we got in some very rough seas coming back.

I know my Daddy takes Coumadin and has to be very careful about a lot of things. But your doctor knows best. Just talk to the doctor and inform him/her about the cruise...the doctor will not give your wife the patch if it a danger to her.

Not trying to tell you what to do but...I thought maybe this might be something you hadn't thought of...make sure your wife's pro time/INR level is checked before she leaves and it is where it should be...you don't want it to be out of range while she is gone. :smile:

Hi Kevin...

You have good advice here. I was on Coumadin for six months with a blood clot not too long ago. I also had to take Meclizine for vertigo, but I don't remember taking it the same time as the Coumadin. I do know that many, many drugs interact with Coumadin, and whenever I had to take anything...even a vitamin, I had to have my INR checked and have them check out the drugs and interactions with the Coumadin. I know you said your wife is going to check with her doctor so that is the best thing to do. My clinic had a Coumadin clinic so I could call and ask questions anytime and schedule to come in whenever I wanted so it was really helpful for me. They did consult with the doctor whenever they needed to. Don't want to scare you, but Coumadin is a very dangerous drug...I had some life threatening bleeding with it so it's nothing to mess with. My INR was within the proper limits all the time, too.

Hope all goes well for your wife and she has a wonderful time on her sailing cruise.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Sharon got her blood clot seven years ago when she was pregnant with Heather (along with gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and "all day" sickness). The doctor put her on Coumadin permanantly. Living at higher elevation doesn't help things. She will check with her doctor, and hopefully find something she can take.

She hasn't had motion sickness on our previous cruises, but with a much smaller boat (40-60') she is concerned.

You know.. when I went to a cruise for the first time Ig ot hit hard by motion sickness. However I didn't have any meds for it.

Instead, I just ordered a steak and a cake to the room, and I was cured! It worked for me the next time, just eating. Just my two cents...

LOL. :laugh: Maybe that's why we never get motion sickness on cruises; we spend too much time eating!

Thanks,