• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Which Itinerary would you pick..

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

I think to be able to get the most people to be able to come on a group Cruise Crazies cruise it should be 10 days or less, and probably some of the most popular caribbean islands. I have been to the caribbean many times also, but, in all honesty, many people either don't have the time for the longer cruises, or the money. Now with that said...my dream is to take a Mediterranean cruise someday...same as the itinerary you did, Joey. Also...I think the Southern Carribean cruise you have booked now has some great ports, and a great ship...wish we were able to make it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly if money were no object and time was just another four letter word, I'd go for the max in terms of trying to see it all and do it all.

But, I have to think budget (money and time). The most amount of time that we would be able to be gone is 16 or 17 days (that's counting the day to travel to the port and the day to travel home. That would mean a 14-15 day cruise maximum.

We would love to explore So. Caribbean islands but we don't like the island, island, island (i.e., 5 in a row). We loved the back to back that we did in November 2007 because it gave us an opportunity to see a few Caribbean islands that were new to us.

We keep talking about Alaska. Honestly, for that amount of money, I want to see more of the state than just the "tourist" stops.

We also want to go to Europe (Eastern and Western).

South Pacific, New Zealand and Australia would be on the list but closer to the bottom. If I'm gonna spend the money, I want to be able to spend at least 2-3 weeks there.

Of cruises that are commonly offered, we'd pick Eastern Med. very early or late in the season. Not surprisingly for people who've given up on the Caribbean due to the heat, from mid-June to early October, the Med. (Eastern or Western) is too hot for us.

We ended up putting our money where our mouth is, and booking an Eastern Med cruise at about the same time as the CC group cruise--and very much at the end of the season in late October, 2009. We did a post trying to get this as a group cruise, butr only got one possible taker.