• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Porttime is gone

Rate this topic

boba

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it work? As a sample, I clicked on Valetta, Malta. I got a description of Malta, and a list of cruise lines that go there; but no calendar. Ditto when I clicked on New York City.

Joe,

Under the title is a tab for "Ships in Port". Click on that to get a calendar.

Sorry. I put in a post last night, and accidentally closed my web browser while the post was posting. I assumed it was here; but obviously it isn't.

I got it to work, but slowly. Instead of being able to enter my cruise dates and get all ships in all ports, including the times in port, in one step, as I was able to do before Cruisecal became a paid site, I have to page to the month of my cruise for each port, month by month. That's pretty clumsy when you're thinking about a cruise from 10/30/09 to 11/8/09. It was so difficult to use that I gave up while trying to find ships for the second port on the proposed cruise, on 11/1/09. Basically, for next November, I would have to go through about 18 web pages to get the ships in one port, and do that for eight different ports. That's nearly 150 steps to do what Cruisecal used to do in two steps.

I wanted to try Porttime when cruisecal became a paid site, but lost the name of the site and never tried it.

Still, the new site is better than nothing. If it allowed you to go directly to a month instead of paging month by month for more than a year, it would be much more useful. (If you can do that, I missed it.) Thanks, everyone, for the site.

• 4 weeks later...