• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Time change LA to Hawaii

Rate this topic

denmarks

When I take my cruise in January there will be a 2 hour time difference between LA and Hawaii. There are 4 days at sea with arrival on the 5th day. Do cruise lines set the clock back 1 hour twice or do they keep things simple by just setting it back 2 hours once?

The ship's daily paper the you receive nightly for the next day announces when to set you clocks ahead or back(before you turn in) depending....

Personally we have only flown to Hawaii.. and i reset my watch as soon as i get settled on the plane..

When we went on our S. Caribbean cruise in Feb. some of the islands are on Atlantic time - 1 hour ahead of Eastern - and they just printed the time change in the ship's daily paper the night before (as Joey said).... both ways - there and back.

We'll be taking the San Diego to Hawaii cruise in March. Just like everyone said, I have a feeling that the clocks will change through the daily paper and you'll hardly notice.

I went to verify the plane tickets and United has already "reset" the clocks for our departure flight. So we'll be leaving Tucson at 6:30am instead of 5:30am.