• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Questions for October

Rate this topic

sailingrose

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Shore excursion has to be the Falklands. It was the first time that we saw penguins, and they were all over. To get to the beach where the penguins were, townspeople from all over Stanley picked us up from the bus in their 4 wheel drives, and drove us across fields of sheep. After we explored the beach and had seen our fill of penguins, we went to a gathering place where the townspeople had set out a spread of coffee, cocoa and home baked cakes. We got to talking to one of our hosts, who happened to be the town doctor, a beautiful young Dutch woman, who told us when a ship comes in, everyone on the island comes to greet it. Obviously, they don't get an awful lot of company in the Falkland Islands. We were on the Celebrity Millenium, one of the best cruises from Buenas Aires to Santiago....

I think one of the first cruises we were on the Doric and watched a movie - James Bond first run then.

I don't think I have watched a movie on the ships since - too busy.

We did us sit in the new movie area on the HAL ship... It escapes me the name - the area is like a shore theatre.

Let's see if we can get this started again.......

Does your preferred cruise line give out pins for repeaters and do you wear them????

I have pins from Celebrity and RCI and I may have worn each of them once or twice.

Let's see if we can get this started again.......

Does your preferred cruise line give out pins for repeaters and do you wear them????

I have pins from Celebrity and RCI and I may have worn each of them once or twice.

We watched the movie by the pool with Princess

We watched a movie in the theater (I fell asleep. Funny thing is, I was the one who insisted we had to go)

We watch movies in the room (rental from the purser's desk and throught the t.v.)

Most of the time with t.v. movies we watch bits and pieces until we get to see the whole thing. Lots of times the movie cuts off before it's even finished.

And, yes, besides gambling, Jerry could spend the rest of his sea days watching t.v. and/or movies. It's what he enjoys so why fight it (or him)?