• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Questions for October

Rate this topic

sailingrose

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's keep the question about the one "must have" item open, and add this one:

If your ship has a self service laundromat, do you use it?

While doing laundry is not our idea of an ideal vacation activity, the cost of using the ship's laundry service is so outrageous that we usually do a wash or two during a cruise. Not having a laundromat (HAL Vista ships, Celebrity) is a definite minus for us.

We've used both the ship's laundry service and the self service laundromat. I'm learning to pack a 16 day cruise with just 4-5 days of clothing. It's tough, but it's do-able. I don't mind being in the self service laundry area. I've met some very nice people in there.

We try to make destination our first priority when selecting our next vacation. However, we are quick to change destinations if a deal that we cannot afford to pass up comes our way.

Early in 2007 we were thinking of a Carnival Mexican Riviera that stopped in Alcapulco, Xstapa (phonetic) and Z-wa-ta-ne-ho (again phonetic). We even put our deposit down. A couple of weeks later was when I stumbled upon a Carnival Caribbean to ports we have never been to. Price was right, dates were right. We ended up booking that as a back-to-back and converted an 8-day "cheapy" to a 16-day "cheapy".

1. one item i must have with me is my camera.

2. Only did laundry once on a cruise, and that was the longest one...Panama Canal cruise. Didn't want to bring that many suitcases with us, so planned to do one wash.

3. It's a toss-up for us whether we chose destination or home port. We live in the Los Angeles area, so for us, L.A. area cruises are the cheapest. Sometimes we need, cheap, and a quick cruise. Sometimes we decide by the destination. No, we don't choose by cruise company. A cruise is a cruise for us.

I have used the laundry once - on Golden Princess.....only because I spilled something (don't remember what) on my and DH's good shorts. Didn't plan on using it but was glad it was there when I needed it!