• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Help me talk myself into booking Aft Balcony...LOL

Rate this topic

Jeannew1956

Ok here's the deal, I just went on my first cruise on Imagination and loved it. I had a midship OV on Empress. My hesitation in booking aft is that we had the Spirit dining room which is way aft and you could really feel motion back there as well as some sort of vibration or grinding.

The ship I am planning on booking is the new Dream for 2010 and I want to try balcony and I saw diagrams of some corner aft cabins with what looks like very large panoramic balconies! :wub:

I am thinking the one on Empress deck, the Veranda deck above has them but diagram shows cabin much smaller, the deck below, Upper Deck has them and they actually look larger maybe but there is a lounge below with outside deck access just under the balcony so I am thinking noise from late night partiers will be an issue so I guess Empress it is. (If I get the nerve to try it) :unsure:

So in a nutshell I am trying to convince myself that the ship is much much larger and possibly the motion and vibration won't be noticeable at all

Right?? :rolleyes2:

anyone with opinions and/or first hand experience of this type balcony cabin please chime in... pro's and con's both... hopefully there are more pro's

Jeanne - We love the aft cabins. I don't know about the motion - I think if the ship is rocking you will feel it everywhere. We do occassionally feel some vibration but it is usually when the ship is docking at a port and we would be up anyway.

I think the extra large balconies far outweigh any minuses with booking an aft. It also is much quieter back there as it get's very little foot traffic.

Getting an aft with cabins both over and under you is a very good idea.

Have fun planning your next cruise. (Didn't we warn you that cruising was addictive. lol)

Aft cabins are awesome!! I think you will find most of the newer ships don't have the grinding/vibrations, only when the side thrusters are being used to pull alongside, you might hear/feel something. GO FOR IT!!!

I know absolutely nothing about the ships mentioned in your post; indeed, I don't even know what cruise line you're talking about (probably Carnival, but might be RCI). However, if the idea of an aft cabin intrigues you, why not try it? On the cruise lines I've been on that have aft cabins with balconies (HAL and Regent), people tend to love them. You'll probably have a great experience. Go for it!

I know absolutely nothing about the ships mentioned in your post; indeed, I don't even know what cruise line you're talking about (probably Carnival, but might be RCI). However, if the idea of an aft cabin intrigues you, why not try it? On the cruise lines I've been on that have aft cabins with balconies (HAL and Regent), people tend to love them. You'll probably have a great experience. Go for it!

The ship is the new Carnival Dream, it comes to FL in Dec 2009. I just need to convince a friend to go for the added expense of that cabin... I think I'm sold!