• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

My wife and I were in the audience on the "live" Oprah show today

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

http://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=...sl_44k8zhrpe2_e

Its an Amazon Kindle. We each got one as did all audience members and as we are got into this sort of "gadget" we decided to give it them to our son and his girlfriend. Jeff Bezos of Amazon was there too BTW. All in all it was worth getting up at 0430. :biggrin:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=...sl_44k8zhrpe2_e

Its an Amazon Kindle. We each got one as did all audience members and as we are got into this sort of "gadget" we decided to give it them to our son and his girlfriend. Jeff Bezos of Amazon was there too BTW. All in all it was worth getting up at 0430. :biggrin:

I clicked on the link and I still am clueless as to what a Kindle is. However, being in the audience, how awesome for you guys. When will it air?

Thank you. A kindle is a device to download any book from Amazons considerable stock. You can also download newspapers and mags too. Each book costs about $10.00 and once downloaded its yours forever. With an additional memory chip you can store up to 4K books. You press a button, the page turns, etc. Its pretty amazing and the downloads take mere minutes for a full book to be stored in the kindle.