• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

It's been 3 years.

Rate this topic

divey259

The last cruise my husband and I went on was in 2005. It's been way too long. I'm curious as to whether or not the down turn in the economy has affected the quality of cruising any. If so, does it seem as though you're getting better service for your money or less quality for what you're spending. We're going on RCCL the 5th of January. This will be our 5th cruise and the 3rd one with RCCL.

Thanks. Debbie

I'm curious as to whether or not the down turn in the economy has affected the quality of cruising any. If so, does it seem as though you're getting better service for your money or less quality for what you're spending.

Hi Debbie... Very Interesting question..

Personally I think it is way too early to really see what effect if any the economic downturn will have on the cruise-industry..

As cruise-lines make internal decisions to adjust the amount of Crew required to give guests "outstanding service" then we will see if the service to money spent ratio suffers..

I believe it will.. now lets wait and see

Joey

Don't have long to wait. We are ten days out now and Roe has already decided which floor length she is taking for formal nights. This is a first for her to be at this point already. I think she is looking forward to this cruise. :biggrin:

8fb8re2.jpg

The cruise is the least expensive we have ever booked, so we will be able to test your theory, Joey.

Later,

Remember that the crew's compensation is most heavily based on gratuities. If the ship isn't full, the crew doesn't get paid fully. To avoid that, they adjust prices as necessary to get the ships filled. As they can't just add and drop people who are on 6 month contracts for a particular sailing, the crew onboard remains pretty constant.