• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Space Bags For Packing

Rate this topic

jaschem1

This may have been asked before, but I missed it.

Do the Space Bags really work or are they a pain in the butt. I read on the net where some had small holes and the zippers broke. What would happen if they opened and expanded by mistake in the suitcase.

Any feedback on them or is there another product that works better?

Thanks, Janice

I have used space bags and they haven't been hugly helpful - to say the least.

Now I always use sweater bags - they are about 18" square and have stronger zippers. I pack full outfits into each back - including socks and undies. Makes packing easier - I can identify what I have at a glance - and makes unpacking even easier - I put the whole bag into a drawer - I remove anything that wrinkles of course.

Another draw back with the space bags is that you have more space and are more prone to overpack - weight wise.

They make bags that you get the air out by rolling the bag. We use them to pack out dirty laundry when we return from as cruise. It makes extra room to bring home the souvenirs. That way, we don't need a second bag.

I bought some, but have not used them yet. As we drove to the port of Galveston for our last cruise and the next one sails from there also, how much luggage I take isn't a big issue when we aren't dealing with the airlines. The ones I bought are the ones Howard was referring to, where you roll the air out of them...