• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Have you ever written a letter to the home office of a cruise line?

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

I intend to write one after every cruise. I actually get it written and sent off about half the time. I always mention the good and the bad in every letter. I usually get a very personalized response back from Carnival (the only line I have sailed with). Occasionally I get a "45-day letter" for a gift on my next cruise. Didn't get one this last time. I think they are tightening their belts at Carnival and not giving them out anymore! I know, I shouldn't write the letter just to get the gift, but it's a nice incentive to get it done, isn't it?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend to write one after every cruise. I actually get it written and sent off about half the time. I always mention the good and the bad in every letter. I usually get a very personalized response back from Carnival (the only line I have sailed with). Occasionally I get a "45-day letter" for a gift on my next cruise. Didn't get one this last time. I think they are tightening their belts at Carnival and not giving them out anymore! I know, I shouldn't write the letter just to get the gift, but it's a nice incentive to get it done, isn't it?

what is a "45 day letter"?

We wrote a very detailed letter to NCL in 2005 when we cruised with them in Hawaii. The ship stopped at Fanning Island twice to supposed pick up a sick person. My first paragraph talked about security and how the ship was able to transport a non-paying customer. And, what about coast guard, etc??

My next paragraph talked about the measely $2.30 they refunded us (TOTAL) for not stopping in Kauai, changing the Maui schedule altogether and shortening our stay in Maui.

My last paragraph talked about the passenger that got sick on the Big Island but we had to make an ER stop in Oahu to let that passenger off. However, the passenger from Fanning Island did not get off at the emergency stop. That passenger got off when we totally disembarked at the end of the cruise. hmmm.

NCL never wrote back. I even sent a copy to my travel agent and she was very surprised that NCL never wrote back. She faxed the letter to NCL corporate and also got no response. HMMMM.

I have written to Carnival. It was a letter of praise for the staff. Got a nice letter back from the top gun - probably a stamped signature though :o)

I shot one off yesterday (to Carnival). We'll see what happens.

Later

Jim

I have written to Carnival. It was a letter of praise for the staff. Got a nice letter back from the top gun - probably a stamped signature though :o)

I shot one off yesterday (to Carnival). We'll see what happens.

Later

Jim

cool test case!!

• 2 weeks later...

I once sent an email to the president and CEO of Royal Caribbean after my transatlantic cruise on the Jewel of the Seas back in 2007. It was a fantastic experience with just one negative. I got the email address from another website. I got a personal response from Adam Goldstein within 12 hours. It was a very nice response and did address the one complaint I had. I was VERY satisfied!

• 2 weeks later...

A Letter I recieved from Carnival

January 15,2009

Mr. James Hammack

RE: CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12/14/08, 1054, 5Z9N86, 011484024A

Dear Mr. Hammack:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your cruise vacation aboard the CARNIVAL CONQUEST. Knowing our success depends on guest satisfaction, we appreciate the opportunity to respond to your kind words.

It is such a pleasure to hear from guests who enjoyed their cruise vacation so thoroughly. Carnival strives to provide each of our guests with an excellent product and superior service. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us we accomplished our goals.

We value our team and are happy their efforts exceeded your expectations. The staff members mentioned in your letter will receive proper recognition on your behalf and copies of your letter have been shared with their immediate supervisors.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back aboard soon.

Sincerely,

Jaclyn Worsdale

Special Advisor, Office of the President

1-800-929-6400