• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Whats the best.......

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

Imagine if you will .. you are talking to a friend /associate who had never taken a cruise before, and they ask you to.. "tell me one thing just one thing that is so great about cruising?" ..

Would you tell them ..that you unpack only once but get to see different ports of call throughout the world?, Would you tell them about the great and bountiful meals?,or maybe you tell them about the great new "friends" you meet. Would you tell them about the spa? the sea air?.. or would you just smile.. and say it's really something you need to expierence...

What would you say?

I tell them it is one of the best vacations that we have ever taken because Jerry and I get to do the things that we like to do, not worry about each other (because we pretty much know where we are on the ship) and we pick a time in which to meet (and EAT!) To me, it's like summer camp. Lots of activites to chose from, if you want to. Or, just go swim!

I also like all of the reasons that you gave as examples.

No cooking or cleaning for 7 whole days. Being waited on for almost all our meals. Doing what I want when I want to. Meeting new friends, going new places and just plain relaxing!

What I would tell someone is this.....you have to try a cruise to see for yourself how much fun it is.

I wish I could go at once a year.

A great question but difficult to answer. We all take our vacations at different times of the year for various reasons. Things such as sun, time to relax, get away from friends and neighbors new places to visit etc etc all play a part in people's decisions.It is hard for me to describe to others how I feel about cruising because I'm not usually a fan of large groups of people on land or on water. I think for me it's my love of ships and the sea that I enjoy the most. Also I think one will find people in general are friendlier and more respectful at sea. This is not always the case of course but it is our experience.Not forgetting the endless activities for all tastes which offer the vacationer very little chance to be bored.

Regards,

James.