• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Cruiselines

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

Deb, if you are looking for elegance, than Carnival may not be to your liking, but if you are looking for a wonderful cruise at a reasonable price, then you are booked on the right line.

"Elegant" was her word, not mine. I think we'll be fine and am really looking forward to it. I know it will be a wonderful cruise because....well...it's a cruise!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deb, if you are looking for elegance, than Carnival may not be to your liking, but if you are looking for a wonderful cruise at a reasonable price, then you are booked on the right line.

"Elegant" was her word, not mine. I think we'll be fine and am really looking forward to it. I know it will be a wonderful cruise because....well...it's a cruise!

I've been on Carnival and Princess and would choose Carnival anytime over Princess.

Our first cruise many years ago was on the Carnival Ecstasy it was a party cruise.. crew members not friendly if you didnt buy drinks wait staff left alot to be desired and the food as we rembered it was just so so..we have never considered them again..

My question now becomes... tell me why, we should give them another chance after 8 years??

Joey,

Pat and I returned from our first Carnival cruise this morning. We were on the Carnival Legend from Tampa (Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan). Our only motivation for the cruise was to visit the Mayan Ruins in Belize.

Pat and I like Royal Caribbean the best. So our comparison is to them. Carnival Legend entertainment was fair to poor . . . depending on what you like. They had only two 'musical type shows'. Three nights of comedians (how many jokes can you hear?). Food was good jand was prepared very well. All was served hot and steaks/beef was done as people asked.

We would go on Carnival again, but not as a first choice. Embarkation/Debarkation was quick and efficient.

Also, the quality of the photography was excellent. Many of you may know that I am a former professional photographer and a retiree from Eastman Kodak Co. I very rarely buy on-board photography. However, the Legend staff was phenominal . . . the best I've seen on a cruise ship.

Hope this helps.

Howard

PRICE was great!

By the way, the Carnival Legend this week was chartered by an organization of nudists . . . . . hope they have enough sunscreen.

Howard thanks .... your input means a lot

Joey....I just returned Thursday from 5 nights on the Carnival Ecstasy....you had asked if I found much difference between Princess and Carnival, and right now I think I'd pick Princess. This Carnival cruise was my least favorite of any cruise I've been on. My room was fine, dining mates and waiters were fine, but there were several things that I did not like. 1) the shopping expert made a couple of, what I interpreted, as derogatory statements about people from my state 2) in one of the ports she was standing by a monument and yelled "look at all the tourists off the cruise ship (to me unprofessional) 3) the pursor's staff messed up my account, but did get it straightened out (that turned out to be ok) 4)there was a fire in one of the staterooms on the deck below me, and it was at least 15 or 20 minutes before any alarm went off! The smell is what woke most of us up. No staff member came to our muster station to be "in charge" or keep us updated. The cruise director finally began making overhead announcements. A lady from the pursor's office did come and stand in the back of the room telling people to stay seated. To me, with over 900 staff members, someone could have come to the stage and kept us informed. This is a serious safety issue, as some people were beginning to panic, and we had no idea what to do other than "sit down."

I realize this could happen on any ship on any cruise line, but it sort of put a bad taste in my mouth for wanting to cruise with Carnival again anytime real soon.

Pat

Howard thanks .... your input means a lot

Joey....I just returned Thursday from 5 nights on the Carnival Ecstasy....you had asked if I found much difference between Princess and Carnival, and right now I think I'd pick Princess. This Carnival cruise was my least favorite of any cruise I've been on. My room was fine, dining mates and waiters were fine, but there were several things that I did not like. 1) the shopping expert made a couple of, what I interpreted, as derogatory statements about people from my state 2) in one of the ports she was standing by a monument and yelled "look at all the tourists off the cruise ship (to me unprofessional) 3) the pursor's staff messed up my account, but did get it straightened out (that turned out to be ok) 4)there was a fire in one of the staterooms on the deck below me, and it was at least 15 or 20 minutes before any alarm went off! The smell is what woke most of us up. No staff member came to our muster station to be "in charge" or keep us updated. The cruise director finally began making overhead announcements. A lady from the pursor's office did come and stand in the back of the room telling people to stay seated. To me, with over 900 staff members, someone could have come to the stage and kept us informed. This is a serious safety issue, as some people were beginning to panic, and we had no idea what to do other than "sit down."

I realize this could happen on any ship on any cruise line, but it sort of put a bad taste in my mouth for wanting to cruise with Carnival again anytime real soon.

Pat

wow it does sound like they could have been more professional.... and as far as the "shopping experts " comments I hope you at least filed a complaint with the pursers office..