• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RCL's Enchantment of the Seas moves to Baltimore

Rate this topic

mercedes

Royal Caribbean's 2,252-passenger Enchantment of the Seas will have a new home port - Baltimore - for year-round cruises beginning in June 2010. It will mark the line's first year-round deployment from the Maryland port - and Enchantment's debut in the Northeast.

Competitor Carnival had earlier announced it would base its Carnival Pride in Baltimore, year-round, beginning this September. Who would have thought Baltimore would be so popular? Obviously, the lines see the city as an important drive-to market.

The Enchantment routes will visit Bermuda, the Eastern Caribbean and New England/Canada. Startup is June 18, 2010, with a special eight-night New England/Canada sailing. The ship's schedule will also include five-night Bermuda, nine-night Eastern Caribbean and nine-night New England/Canada cruises in the summer and fall seasons (Winter and Spring 2011 to be announced later). The Bermuda cruises will include a two-day call at Kings Wharf.

Royal Caribbean announced the Enchantment news to 400 travel agents gathered at the Port of Baltimore. We can just imagine their glee.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to sailing Enchantment, I've sailed Grandeur numerous times out of Baltimore and it's a truly nice port. I personally wouldn't sail from there in Winter unless the price is right. Airline fares to Florida are too low to sail from somewhere freezing cold. In addition to Enchantment year round, and Carnival, Celebrity's Mercury is going to be sailing from Baltimore and Charleston, SC.

I can't believe I didn't notice this before. The Enchantment leaving Ft. Lauderdale???? I am so sad. Out of all the ships we've been on, this one is our absolute favorite. Waaaaaaaa! I wonder what they'll replace her with. Waaaa!!!!