• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Food

Rate this topic

Interesting....

If you could break it down by breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.

I know I try one thing different on the ship each time at breakfast. Like the English breakfast this past cruise.

Then lunch a soup and something off the menu when we go main dining room one of the two times.

This time it was a fisk of some kind I did not like.

Dinner is pretty much the same. With so many cruises there are only so many things they can create that I have not tried. But.... But.....

I do not eat a lot of meat at dinner mostly the fish. Main course.

Desert is always way out there and will try anything.

No Coffee... Tea box and select one from there.

But that first burger off the grill near the pool to start the trip is always the best.

Then it's mostly a blur after that.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good question. Basically, Donna and I are"meat and potatos people" so to speak. It would take far too long to explain that! But we're not keen on exotic meats or bizarre combinations of herb and spiced food. Donna will stick with chicken dishes mostly whilst I enjoy most fish dishes along with beef or pork.

When I research cruises I check the ship's sample menus. Thankfully most of the affordable lines have pretty straightforward food choices and so far that suits us.

Regards,

James.

IF there is a food available that I have not had before, I WILL order it. I an a very adventurous eater and have been fortunate to have traveled and dined, all over the world. And I do eat and enjoy sashimi, that is the raw fish. The 'sushi, served on cruise ships is all cooked items. None of it is raw. Some is very good. Not anywhere near the quality of a good sushi bar, but still not bad at all.

SUSHI means "served with rice" It can be cooked fish or sashimi [raw fish] on top. On ships, cooked.