• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What do you buy?

Rate this topic

becktours

I was wondering if anyone else has some cruise spending rituals. My Mother-in-law has to buy a magnet of the cruise ship each sailing and I always buy a post card of the ship.

Does anyone else have those MUST HAVE items each cruise?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if anyone else has some cruise spending rituals. My Mother-in-law has to buy a magnet of the cruise ship each sailing and I always buy a post card of the ship.

Does anyone else have those MUST HAVE items each cruise?

I always get shot glasses (already filled a 42 case, and half-way on a second case) plates, polo and t-shirts (especially from HRC and PH), bumper stickers, magnets, post cards, coffee mugs and a tote bag with the country's name that I am visiting on it. I have so many bags that I haven’t use the ones from the last 2 vacations lol. I also get something that represents the area I am visiting, i.e., miniatures of the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a gondola/mask from Venice, St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna, a replicia of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, etc.

I always get shot glasses (already filled a 42 case, and half-way on a second case) plates, polo and t-shirts (especially from HRC and PH), bumper stickers, magnets, post cards, coffee mugs and a tote bag with the country's name that I am visiting on it. I have so many bags that I haven’t use the ones from the last 2 vacations lol. I also get something that represents the area I am visiting, i.e., miniatures of the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a gondola/mask from Venice, St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna, a replicia of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, etc.

One of my first purchases when the ships stores open is 2 large coffee mugs with the ships name on them. (Or preferably one with the ship name and one with the itinerary.) We use them during the cruise, instead of the small cups they usually have at the buffet and then hang them over my kitchen cabinets although we are beginning to run out of room.

Have already filled one spoon rack and one large rack of salt & pepper shakers so have given up on those.

I also buy a gold charm from the ports.

Once we get home I make fridge magnets from our sign & sail cards.

One of my first purchases when the ships stores open is 2 large coffee mugs with the ships name on them. (Or preferably one with the ship name and one with the itinerary.) We use them during the cruise, instead of the small cups they usually have at the buffet and then hang them over my kitchen cabinets although we are beginning to run out of room.

Have already filled one spoon rack and one large rack of salt & pepper shakers so have given up on those.

I also buy a gold charm from the ports.

Once we get home I make fridge magnets from our sign & sail cards.