• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Best Cruise Line for Alaska Cruise

Rate this topic

Hello,

My DH and I are thinking of taking an Alaskan cruise this summer (most likely leaving from Seattle) and we were wondering which cruise line is probably the best. We are fairly young (37 & 43) and may be going with another couple, no children. We have been on two cruises prior - both 7 day/night cruises to the Mexican Riviera. One was on Carnival, Elation - we LOVED this one, and the other was on the Princess, Sapphire - were not as crazy for this cruise-line and/or ship.

Thanks in advance for your input! :biggrin:

Hi and welcome aboard

two Norwegian ships the Star and the new Pearl set sail for Alaska out of Seattle as do the Celebrity Infinity and Holland Americas Amsterdam..

My preference is always Celebrity.. but any of these ships will get you there and back... Alaska is a great cruise.. you will definitely enjoy it..

I have a girlfriend who has taken the Carnival ship to Alaska three summers in a row (same cruise, same ship). The last time, she took her kids (college age). They all had a ball.

I think a very fair question to ask your travel agent would be about the average age of the passengers. Jerry and I did not even think to ask this question. We took at 16-day cruise from San Diego to Hawaii in March. The average age was 80+ and most of the people were not mobile. We felt the worst for the really young families with little kids because they had no playmates. We were lucky enough to find some great dinner table mates and pretty much did everything together for the 16 days.

Carnival tends to attract the younger crowd, but they can also attract people in their 70s and 80s.

We took Royal to Pacific NW and found that most of the folks were in the 30s to 60s (at least the ones we hung with).

• 2 months later...
Hello,

My DH and I are thinking of taking an Alaskan cruise this summer (most likely leaving from Seattle) and we were wondering which cruise line is probably the best. We are fairly young (37 & 43) and may be going with another couple, no children. We have been on two cruises prior - both 7 day/night cruises to the Mexican Riviera. One was on Carnival, Elation - we LOVED this one, and the other was on the Princess, Sapphire - were not as crazy for this cruise-line and/or ship.

Thanks in advance for your input! :biggrin:

The Star Princess is FANTASTIC

We've done Princess and HAL, and prefer Princess. Princess was our 1st to Alaska, and that 1st one is magical. Seemed like more to do on the Princess ship (Island Princess) than the HAL (Oosterdam). Also, when we sailed on Princess, we did a land tour also.

• 3 weeks later...