• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

NCL VS CARNIVAL

Rate this topic

I just returned from my first NCL Cruise after sailing on Carnival 12 times. Embarkation was a breeze.

Freestyle Cruising-I absolutely love it. I dined at the main dining rooms(the ones where there is no charge), and never had to wait. We were seated immediately. The food on Carnival is better, but all of the food on the ship was delicious.

This cruise was so relaxing because there wasn't a schedule to follow. It was such a quiet cruise. Carnival is always so loud, but everyone on this cruise had fun, but were quiet and laid back.

The balcony cabin was a little smaller than Carnival. I didn't have a problem with that, but my mother did. I was calling her a Diva and a complainer.

The shows were not as well choreographed as Carnival.

My nephew loved the Kid's Club. They have so many activities scheduled for the kids. When we went to NCL's Private Island, they were there with scheduled activities for the kids. He says that he loves both Cruise Lines equally.

Debarkation was also a breeze.

I love both Cruise Lines. They have so many similarities and differences. I will definitely cruise with them again.

Let me know if I left anything out, or if any of you have questions.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much, JoeyandDavid & Cruisetarp!

I forgot to mention that due to the weather, the Port of Miami was closed for an hour, and we left 2 hours later. We had to perform lifeboat drill inside of our cabins.

oh how terrible.... LOL...you mean no dragging those delighful orange vests all around .. how terribel I hope you asked for OBC.. :tongue:

Gymbrat, so glad you enjoyed your NCL cruise and especially freestyle dining. In the review we wrote for our one and only NCL cruise on the Sun, we made the point that, although it was not our cup of tea, it's the choice of many. Having choices is a good thing!

I'm so glad that you had a great vacation. Thank you for the pluses and minuses and the comparisons. It really helps put ships into perspective.

Sorry about "DIVA MOM". I know how that can go. Hopefully she wasn't too much of a princess.

We like both Carnival and NCL.

We do eat at the specialty restaurants when we're on NCL, and I think the food in the specialty ones is better than Carnival...in fact, this is the main reason we cruise on NCL...love having the choice. I dont think the food in the main dining rooms is as good as Carnival.

I find that NCL doesn't have as many activities onboard as Carnival does, but if you're looking for a 'quieter' cruise, then this is good. So if you have an 'at sea' day, Carnival has more to do.

I absolutely LOVED that NCL had REAL shower doors, not a curtain!

We'll be on NCL Star again in September and i can't wait. We're going with our son's in-laws and the four of us already have our 'dining' itinerary mapped out! LOL! (hey, food is really important on a cruise!)

Glad to hear you had a fun time.