• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anyone sailed Norwegian Sky?

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

See now i hate to be a "pooper"

But i Sailed her in February 2009... and was very un-impressed. I dont know if they have done updates since feb, but i most likely not sail her again.

I was in a Balcony and the cabins were smaller than average, but ok.

the ship interior was not bad, however it was still very much Hawaii...looks like they did not change too much of her interior after she cam back to Miami to be renamed the Sky.

Food was ok, VERY SMALL BUFFET on the lido...and i found service was lacking a little.

This crew is about 80% Phillippino...and i know it was end of contract for many of them....but no excuse for some blatent rudeness i encountered.

Its a short sailing, so there tends to be A LOT of Miami;s Latino and Cuban residents on board....just be prepared for stong personalities...

I just felt overall the ship was lacking for me, from interior, to service, to drinks, to shopping and the staff quite verbal in the fact they are upset they left a different cruise lines contract for NCL.

Great Stirrup Cay, It was ok....i ventured to the side of the island your not suppose to go on, lol.....over by the lighthouse and airport...there is 2 very SMALL beaches for all the ship pax to use....if you get off the tender and walk to the right...you go past the second small beach.....climb over TONS of jagged rocks (be careful) just around the point there is another bigger beach there not many know about....I noticed it was only me and 3 ship staff members who were not so impressed i found thier hide-a-way :happy: Just be aware there are NO beach chairs here.....its faces RCCLS COCOCAY Private island which is much bigger and in my opinion MUCH Better.... but was nice to get on to a beach....none-the-less...

Now....before you all rag on me.....I realize this is not the no the normal case...and one does not experience this all the time....but this was MY experience.

I am not a fan of the "Free-Style" cruising option as i feel it loses a lot of the personal touch....but this was my experience.

Maybe they updated since then? but if not....BRING SUNGLASSES! LOL

Green Carpets, Orange and Hot Pink Walls and furnishings...yellows.....LOL

Point is, its a quick get-a-way....i say take it for what it is ...dont go with ore-conceived expectations...and just HAVE FUN!

Sparkyboi, The ship may have been refurbished because it is absolutely beautiful, and looks brand new. I didn't encounter any rudeness. All of the staff was extremely helpful and polite. What's wrong with Miami people, Latinos, and Cubans? And what are you that makes you so special that you seem to be putting other nationalities down?

Sparkyboi, The ship may have been refurbished because it is absolutely beautiful, and looks brand new. I didn't encounter any rudeness. All of the staff was extremely helpful and polite. What's wrong with Miami people, Latinos, and Cubans? And what are you that makes you so special that you seem to be putting other nationalities down?

Not at all...as I said this was my experience....For many, people are not used to the strong personalites of some latino people, as well as other nationalities...these short sailings cater to the large latino market...its proven and the cruise line will say it itself.....PLEASE....last year alone i was in Cuba 13 times...one of my favorite vacation destinations...and MANY MANY of my closest friends are Latino decent.

I was simply stating MY EXPERIENCE on board...read the post before commenting please...I said that it was the end of contract for MANY on the Phillippino staff on board (meaning sometime they might now care as much because they are leaving.

In February the ship was FAR from new...the Sky was very much still a Pride of Aloha vessel...

This is typical of someone who does not read the post and one reason i why dont post alot, because people cant take other peoples experiences for what it is, they have to take it personally.

This was in no way my intent.

I didn't disagree with you about the ship being far from new. It must have been refurbished since you sailed on it.

I did take it personally because you seem to be putting down the staff on the ship as well as the Miami people, Cubans and hispanics. They're not the only ones with strong personalities. If you don't like those people on your sailing, sail from another Port of Call.

You're the one that needs to read your own post before posting it because you're putting down other nationalities.

I didn't disagree with you about the ship being far from new. It must have been refurbished since you sailed on it.

I did take it personally because you seem to be putting down the staff on the ship as well as the Miami people, Cubans and hispanics. They're not the only ones with strong personalities. If you don't like those people on your sailing, sail from another Port of Call.

You're the one that needs to read your own post before posting it because you're putting down other nationalities.

Not once did i put down any nationality, I also stated they have STRONG personalities, I am not American like yourself and travel to Cuba frequently as well as many other hispanic countres, I have no problem, but unlike you and me, not everyone has encoutered people from hispanic nations, (you may be able to travel as well, but i am not American this is why i am stating this)

By stating the majority of the staff are Phillippino is not a put down, its a valid statement as its true. I also said it was the END of many of thier contract which may have let to a bit of rudeness i encountered, which is also a fact.

I also cleary stated and i quote "For many, people are not used to the strong personalites of some latino people, as well as other nationalities" I DID NOT SAY IT WAS ONLY HISPANICS.

However, I am done discussing this with you, I am not about to sit here and explain all valid points, If your offended then I am sorry to hear that but nothing in my post was deogitory to any nationality, I would not be putting down any culture that I "dive" into on a daily basis from my hispanic/philippino friends, family, coworkers, food, job and travel. I am not going to feed into 5 year old antics anymore.

Everyones experience is different, not everyone has experienced the same as you, and not once was a nationality put down.

I sailed on the Norwegian Sky in August of 2008. I brought my Mother in Law and 2 year old son. We got a balcony cabin which turned out perfect for us. I loved that the third bed was the pull out couch, and not a bed coming out of the wall. This was perfect for my son. Our cabin steward was wonderful.

The only issue I had was the food onboard. The appetizers were incredible, but I was not too happy with the main dishes. Maybe that's just me--lol.

I would sail on the Sky again. We had a great time and my son loved the kid's pool.