• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

DIY Shore Excursions

Rate this topic

How many of you use the ships trips or head out on your own??? Experiences with both??? I am gathering information for our upcoming New England cruise.

Carol

Carol,

I usually try and set up shore excursions on our own. Use the net a lot to search out possibilities. Once in awhile we will do a ship's shore excursion. But, I can usually find something better and less expensive on my own.

This site is a good place to find info. I posted yesterday for suggestions for a tour agency in Italy and got two responses recommending the same agency. That's good enough for me!!

I try to book as many excursions as possible without the cruiseline. Definitely a money saver and usually better then the cruiselines. Of course it also depends on the port and the reputation of the area, if we don't like what we hear we usually stick to the cruiseline tours.

I always do a lot of research and try to book on my own. We do use the cruiseline on occasion but prefer to have something that caters to our wants & needs at the time. We have had a great time and saved a great deal of money booking on our own. Again, I always do plenty of research before doing so.