• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Kitchen tour

Rate this topic

hazelson

Jenn next time your on a ship ask at Guest Relations if they have one.

RCI offers them to Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor members on cruises of 7 nights or longer. They also offer backstage tours and bridge tours to the same members.

We haven't done a galley tour for awhile, but have done many of them in the past and were never charged for it. In fact, it usually happens on a 'sea day'...usually just another activity...something to do on a day when you're not getting off the ship. We've done NCL, Princess, Carnival and RCL in the past.

I've always found them very interesting. My son was in a culinary program in college and I've been able to tour a university's facilities too...much like a cruise ship's galley. They have to feed thousands of college students...of course, not as gourmet.

One thing that does 'bother' me about seeing a galley tour...you would not believe, until you actually see it for yourself, how they cook with high fat butter, full fat heavy cream, etc. It hurts my arteries just thinking about it.

Anyway, if you have the chance, yes, definitely do a galley tour. I have trouble getting everything on the table at the same time when we have a dinner party for more than 4 people! Ha ha! They make it look soooo easy.