• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cruise buddy

Rate this topic

lindasuelucas

how does someone go about finding a cruise buddy without seeming desperate or unsavory. not sure that's the best way to put it. but, i find myself single. however, i still wish to enjoy cruising. but without the financial strain of having to pay full price or more because i don't have a traveling companion. :blink:

On my first cruise on carnival, I too was alone (widowed)

The travel agency that was handling the cruise put me in touch with another gas also looking for a travel companion. We met for lunch to see if we wer compatible, and it worked out fine.Check with your agent. good luck

The travel agency that was handling the cruise put me in touch with another gas also looking for a travel companion. We met for lunch to see if we wer compatible, and it worked out fine.Check with your agent. good luck

gal, gal, not gas need to learn to use the preview post! sorry

how does someone go about finding a cruise buddy without seeming desperate or unsavory. not sure that's the best way to put it. but, i find myself single. however, i still wish to enjoy cruising. but without the financial strain of having to pay full price or more because i don't have a traveling companion. :blink:

IF only I had the money, I would cruise with you anytime. I love to cruise!!

linda

i will keep ya in mind ... sometimes i look for another to travel with ... my boyfriend is not a cruiser he is the desert rat.. but i am not the dirty type for a vacation so i cruise ... if i can't getmy friends to travel i travel alone.. so i will keep ya in mind...

i am such a stick in the mud LOL LOL LOL .. i am 51

Tonia

I have a female friend who cruises "alone" quite frequently. She tells the TA that she would like to share the room. Most of the time, she ends up with the room all by herself and doesn't pay for the single occupancy. She does, however, make sure that she sits at a dinner table with 8-10 folks so that she has those contacts.

I agree that paying for single occupancy is a horrible drain on the pocketbook.

i really appreciate your suggestion. i was able to figure out what you meant with gas to gal. think i'm gonna take you up on your suggestion. thank you so much!

I have a female friend who cruises "alone" quite frequently. She tells the TA that she would like to share the room. Most of the time, she ends up with the room all by herself and doesn't pay for the single occupancy. She does, however, make sure that she sits at a dinner table with 8-10 folks so that she has those contacts.

I agree that paying for single occupancy is a horrible drain on the pocketbook.

i think that you friend pretty much hit the nail on the head. i'm gonna see how that works out and i'll let you know if i get similar results like your friend.

thank you so much - linda

I cruise alone alot also. It is hard to find people to cruise with.

I have had men that seam nice but were gay or wanted more from me like sex or cash

and woman think all i want from them is sex ??

I just love to cruise and iam a single male.

It would be nice to meet a woman that likes to cruise

with no strings. or hang-up's. :huh2: