• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mexico

Rate this topic

cruznchris

Hey we are considering taking a cruise on the Los angeles side, has anyone cruised over there lately? Also I have heard with issues in mexico about safety so we have been avoiding mexico cruises any info would be great. We have found a great cruise but are a little concerned about the stops:

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Mazatlan, Mexico

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

I dont think I could go the whole week without doin some excursions. What do you think?

Hey we are considering taking a cruise on the Los angeles side, has anyone cruised over there lately? Also I have heard with issues in mexico about safety so we have been avoiding mexico cruises any info would be great. We have found a great cruise but are a little concerned about the stops:

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Mazatlan, Mexico

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

I dont think I could go the whole week without doin some excursions. What do you think?

Chris,

We cruise it all the time...Did it on the Vision of the Seas in March 2008, on the Sapphire Princess over New Years 2009...and we're going again January 3, 2010 on the Mariner of the Seas...

We live in Southern California and get all the news on what goes on in Mexico...and I know all of the areas well enough (I've been all over Mexico dozens of times)...I am not worried in the least...In all three of these ports, all of the tourist areas and typical tourist activities are very safe...

Even outside of drug cartel issues, there are always all sorts of common sense considerations in any port...Don't stray off on your own outside the tourist areas, don't look to buy illegal drugs or deal with seemingly unsavory characters...No one is messing with the tourists.

These three towns owe a lot of their economy to tourism...They love tourists...

And, they are great port stops...

Cabo San Lucas is a beautiful mostly new town set against a mountain/desert backdrop...They've got some incredible rock formations, water sports and nice shopping.

Mazatlan is a major commercial and fishing port city but has some nice beaches, some interesting nearby colonial mountain towns, fun shopping and lots of activities.

Puerto Vallarta is a subtropical colonial fishing village with beautiful architecture, cobblestone streets and set against a lush green backdrop...

Just go and enjoy...

We are going to an all-inclusive resort in Oct in Puerto Vallarta for a week and in January we are taking the Carnival Spirit to Alcapulco. The resort towns are safe from the drug cartels. They don;t want ANYTHING to ruin the tourist trade. Just yse common sense like you would in any other town and you'll have a GREAT time!

The Mexican Riviera is definitely high on the list of places to cruise for us. Getting my husband to agree to flying across the country to California is another story. My plan is to get some friends of ours to book such a cruise, and then my husband won't want to look like a wimp, so he'll be agreeable. Heh-heh.....doesn't hurt to manipulate a situation sometimes :rolleyes2:

mexico is a great place to explore....

i live in san diego... so we drive down and get lobster nand they have wonderful spas..and beaches..

Cabo has really cleaned up the sleepy little town...much nicer then it use to be...

Puerto Valletta .. very very nice people.. the further you go down into mexico.. the water gets more blue .. and margaritas get BIGGER ( also more tequila )

Oh if you enjoy baileys , try cream de tequila ..., OMG the best dinner drink ever

fresh lobsters are coming in starting October and last til March ...OMG YUMMY have it Puerto Nuervo style

with cliantro ( mexican parlsey ) butter side of rice beans and freah tortillas and of course a MARGARITA

ENJOY Tonia

Tonia-

I didn't realize you lived in San Diego! We are going on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera in April. We are leaving from SD. Now I know who to ask about the city. I am so excited to see SD. We are flying in 2 days ahead and staying 1 day after to explore. :biggrin: