• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What's the largest ship you've sailed on?

Rate this topic

deb1220

What's the largest ship you've sailed on? Would you sail on her again? Why or why not?

The largest ship that we've sailed is RCI's Adventure of the Seas......and yes, I would sail on her again. But.....a larger ship than this...probably not. But, never say never right?!

I loved the Royal Promenade and I loved that you never felt crowded!

i've only had one cruise so far and it was on the carnival holiday. had a wonderful time. would sail on her again but i'd like also to try other ships . i would like to do 'oasis of the sea' try for early 2010. but, i still need a cruise buddy. when i go in to book a cruise i don't have any one to put on for guest #2. so, right now i'm kind of stuck. :happy:

the carribean princess and the carnival valor. Both were cheap for us so we gave them a shot. we were told later that the caribean princess only differnce from other ships in her class was they added and entire addtional floor of cabins. The public rooms and space was the same, i dont know if that is true or not didnt really look into it. But the food area and public area were always so full that it made me upset, there never seemed to be a downtime. past cruises we had been on there was never an issue of finding seats or feeling like i was crowded.

On the valor we experienced some of the same issues difficult finding seating. people would go out and put there towel on chairs at 6 am and it seemed like alot of people would ignore lines or casually make there way to the front.

To me the bigger ships are just a way to corral more people onto one boat so they can increase their profit margins and dont get me started on those pay - to - eat restaurants. It just another way for them offer lower grade service in the main dining room and make you pay for the premium, which they used to offer in the dining room.

But I believe the "big ships" are just part of the bigger picture of the changing culture of the cruiselines. But lets save that for a differnt topic...

Largest ships were the Voyager and Explorer - same size - and really enjoyed them but definately prefer something a bit smaller. Love the Radiance class ships RC has - they are my favorite. Not at all interested in the Freedom Class or the Oasis. (However if a free cruise on them should come along, I'd make the sacrifice and go. lol)

I've sailed on Caribbean Princess and would not sail on her again. Although I prefer a nice sized ship, that ship was too big and not user friendly. Had to go to the end of one deck, take an elevator at mid-ship to get to the floor you desire. The lay-out of that ship was a nightmare!

I am sailing on the Carnival Freedom on Nov. 2, 2009. Looking forward to that cruise! She is a pretty nice sized ship. Sailed on Carnival before and was very happy. My husband and I are 50 yrs. old and we had no problem with the age group.

Looking forward to booking the RCL Oasis of the Seas in 2011!!!

Happy Sailing......whichever ship you choose.......

Tmoney :