• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What's the largest ship you've sailed on?

Rate this topic

deb1220

I have cruised on several 100,000+ gross ton ships:

110,000 gross ton Carnival Liberty

116,000 gross ton Sapphire Princess

138,000 gross ton RCI Mariner of the Seas

160,000 gross ton RCI Liberty of the Seas

I have three more coming up--

Starting with a return visit to the Mariner of the Seas, then...

122,000 gross ton Celebrity Eclipse

220,000 gross ton RCI Allure of the Seas...

Obviously, I would do it again...

But, here is the kicker:

I would NOT go on the Carnival Liberty or Sapphire Princess again...

Carnival Liberty was the most overcrowded and poorly designed ship I have ever cruised on...

Sapphire Princess just behind that (well, a ways behind)

It is NOT only a matter of the size of the ship, but more the number of passengers compared to the size of the ship...Some large ships are spacious and well designed and do not feel crowded at all...You need to really look at the space-to-passenger ratios first...then, it is a matter of ship design and layout...

The Royal Caribbean ships, though large, are quite comfortable...

Celebrity's 91,000 gross ton M-class ships, which I've sailed on several times, are absolutely the roomiest large ships out there...I expect the Eclipse to have the same spacious and comfortable feel...

What's the largest ship you've sailed on? Would you sail on her again? Why or why not?

The largest ship that we've sailed is RCI's Adventure of the Seas......and yes, I would sail on her again. But.....a larger ship than this...probably not. But, never say never right?!

I loved the Royal Promenade and I loved that you never felt crowded!

Deb, I'm glad you enjoyed the AOS since we're trying that one next. I guess the Diamond Princes at over 115K gross ton displacement is our largest yet.

What's the largest ship you've sailed on? Would you sail on her again? Why or why not?

The largest ship that we've sailed is RCI's Adventure of the Seas......and yes, I would sail on her again. But.....a larger ship than this...probably not. But, never say never right?!

Deb, I'm glad you enjoyed the AOS since we're trying that one next. I guess the Diamond Princes at over 115K gross ton displacement is our largest yet.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Kevin!

I have to agree with Bruin Steve's comment -

"It is NOT only a matter of the size of the ship, but more the number of passengers compared to the size of the ship...Some large ships are spacious and well designed and do not feel crowded at all...You need to really look at the space-to-passenger ratios first...then, it is a matter of ship design and layout..."

We never felt crowded and again, that Royal Promenade is amazing!

We largest we have sailed on were the Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas. The wife loves their design but I prefer the Radiance class (on RCL) or Sea Princess size (Princess).

While the Freedom seemed crowded, the Liberty did not and there were 1,000 children aboard.

Same for us and I would sail her or her sister ships in a heartbeat. :thumbup: Would I go bigger? Sure. I'd luv to try the Oasis of the Seas.