• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What was your BEST cruise experience?

Rate this topic

deb1220

What was you BEST cruise experience?.....ship?.....itinerary?......and why?

My best and/or favorite was aboard the Norwegian Sun on an inside passage cruise to Alaska from Vancouver to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Wrangell. Even though it was too cold to sit by the pool, it was very comfortable to sit in the Observation Lounge at the front of the ship and whale watch, view the beautiful scenery, people watch, read and enjoy a cocktail or two. And the cruise through the fjords was breathtaking!

Great question Deb - brought back some wonderful memories but the one that really stands out right now is several years ago we did a Fall Folliage cruise out of Boston up to Quebec City.

We spent one morning sailing up the Saguenay River and plans were to go so far, turn around and go back down. The scenery was unbelievable and it was snowing lightly when the Captain pointed out a Statue of the Blessed Virgin high up on a cliff. He told the story on how it got there and when we reached the statue the ship stopped., turned to point to the Statue and they played the Ave Maria over the PA system. It was so beautiful I am still (about 7 years later) tearing up just remembering it.

We then turned around, went back down the river and watched the whales all over the place. What a memory.

Wow, that's a hard one to answer. Each cruise had it's high points and high lights. I guess the very first time we even saw the cruise ship in LA (first cruise) and every first time thereafter sends that truly wonderful feeling throughout my bod.

We are the same way, it's very hard to pick out one thing as being most memorable.

One thing that does stand out is when we were at our late diner on the Statendam in Alaska and a whale flipped it's tail out of the water. We were seated close to the window and it was still very light out.

I know that the more cruises you take and the more experiences you have aboard a ship that it's harder to pick just one.....but maybe you can share.. like a special cruise - like an anniversary or birthday celebration....or New Year's Eve (which I'd love to do some time). Another "experience" would be meeting new friends....or encountering special crew members.

I do know that each and every one of our cruises have been special....and I can find a great "experience" (or two) on each and every one of them. It's just that our Alaska cruise was my favorite, for many reasons.

It's been great reading everybody's stories and I hope to read some more! :biggrin:

Both times we sailed in Hawaii, the ship's captain made a point of sailing by the volcano (erupting) during the evening hours so that you could really see it. In March, the captain actually slowed the Mercury down and circled around so that we could all take pictures.