• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What was your BEST cruise experience?

Rate this topic

deb1220

Both times we sailed in Hawaii, the ship's captain made a point of sailing by the volcano (erupting) during the evening hours so that you could really see it. In March, the captain actually slowed the Mercury down and circled around so that we could all take pictures.

Now, that's what I'm talking about.....very cool! :cool2: That must have been an amazing sight!

hands down...it is the wonderful memories i have of my grandson chase on our very first cruise. from dancing on top of the waiters shoulders in the conga line to watching him and other young ones running through the waves in their kiddy pool...we had a rocky sea so they didn't fill any of the pools...but that didn't stop the kids from have a fantastic giggly time. found the other parents and myself laughing at their antics. most of us laughed till we cried including the little ones. it will be HARD to beat this memory!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Love to hear everyone's stories. Mary Lou...what a beautiful and glorious story!

As some say, it's hard to pick just one, and it was sooo special the first time I brought my daughter on a cruise, and I have good memories from all of my cruises. I will pick a recent one that was a special time.

We sailed on the "Infinity" to Hawaii in December of 2004. It was the first time we had cruised in December, and close to Christmas. The ship was all decorated for Christmas and Hanukkah. My birthday is December 18th, and it was the night before our last night on the ship. It had been a two-week cruise sailing from San Diego. We were traveling with my sister-in-law and her husband. We had met some wonderful people at our dinner table and really enjoyed our time with them. After our great dinner on the 18th (it was a formal night) the waiter brought me a cake for my birthday, and everyone sang, and gave me birthday cards. Marc had bought me a white rose corsage, and a beautiful garnet ring. It was a special night, especially since we don't usually do much for my birthday since it's so close to Christmas. About the only other big celebration I have ever had was after my first husband died, and my sister-in-law, same one with us (and her brother was my first husband) gave me a surprise party at a hotel with lots of friends and relatives. This probably sounds a little materialistic on my part, but it had a lot of sentimental value to it, also, since my SIL was with us for this celebration, and the one she planned for me many years back was only three months after my husband had died...and it was our Dear Lord, and my family and great friends who saw me through that unforgetable time.

It was also the same ship we had been on for our Panama Canal cruise when the pods had failed, and around 2000 of us had to leave the ship early and fly home from Acapulco...you had to have been there to know what a mess that was...so this was sort of a triumph for us to "get back on the horse."

The Alaska Run - Carnival Spirit - was also my favourite cruise so far.

No flights involved - with 8 friends - and I could take as many bags as Dh could carry LOL.

The scenery was fabulous - so much so we are hoping to do it again in the spring - same ship, same itinerary but different group :o)

My favorite was in '99 (I think '99) on Renaissance from Athens to Istanbul via Santorini, Rhodes and Kusadasi. The weather was perfect, the ports were interesting and fabulous, etc., but the real thing was that it was one of the very first totally nonsmoking cruise ships afloat, and I picked it in order to kick the habit. There was so much activity, I really didn't think about smoking very much, and I had my first two weeks of abstinence having fun. And I've never looked back. :smile: :smile: :smile:

my favorite cruise was on the sun princess it was a 10 day, by far the best weather and the best cruise tablemates we had ever had. we even went on the same excursion and we were in the back the whole time laughing it up. it was truly a time to remember.