• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The "Good Old Days"

Rate this topic

bowlcoach

Anyone remember Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines original ships with the VIKING CROWN LOUNGE aloft above pool deck and accessible only by climbing the staircase? Here's what she looked like. Anyone else have any "old" photos or stories to share?

VikingCrownLoungeontheNordicPrince-.jpg

By the way....the original 4 ships - Song of Norway, Nordic Prince, Sun Viking, Song of America

I remember those old ships - sailed on the Nordic Prince once and the Song of America several times. The Song of America is still Jim's all time favorite ship. Those steps were quite tricky during rough seas or after having a few adult beverages and enjoying the view.

Anyone remember Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines original ships with the VIKING CROWN LOUNGE aloft above pool deck and accessible only by climbing the staircase? Here's what she looked like. Anyone else have any "old" photos or stories to share?

VikingCrownLoungeontheNordicPrince-.jpg

By the way....the original 4 ships - Song of Norway, Nordic Prince, Sun Viking, Song of America

How many people could fit into the lounge area?

Coach, how about some pictures of you on the Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria. LOL!!!

Just kidding :biggrin:

Tim

Couldn't find a photo with me on deck, but did have one of the Pinta that I took while on shore.

OldshipatPuertaVallarta.jpg

And I did find one of me and my crew in the lounge.

Groupofpirates-1984.jpg

:biggrin:

Longboysfan.....

Those Viking Crown Lounges held about 50-60 passengers. Sometimes hard to find a seat up there.

OK. Before I leave for New Jersey to board the Celebrity Constellation, here's one more look at Royal Caribbean's SONG OF NORWAY. She is docked in San Juan - 1982. Notice the Viking Crown Lounge (the trademark at the time for the Royal Caribbean ships).

Z-SongofNorway-June5-121982-Caribbe.jpg