• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

belize

Rate this topic

tbarton

Didn't get to do any when we were there November 2007 on the advice of the pursar. There had been hurricanes in Belize prior to our visit and the ocean was all 'a tumble'.

However, just got the Caribbean magazine last night. BELIZE is featured. I haven't read the article. Intend to do that over lunch. I'll report back what they said.

Didn't get to do any when we were there November 2007 on the advice of the pursar. There had been hurricanes in Belize prior to our visit and the ocean was all 'a tumble'.

However, just got the Caribbean magazine last night. BELIZE is featured. I haven't read the article. Intend to do that over lunch. I'll report back what they said.

Thanks so much. That will be great. I am surprized about your experience. Our travel agent said November is usually one of the best months for great weather!

Clarification: the hurricane was end of October 2007; our cruise was November 10th or so. The ocean was still churned up.

Here's the article in Caribbean Magazine:

Ambergis Caye's flat water and easy winds are ideal for windsurfing, newbies. Ambergis Caye is a skinny strip of sand backed by mangrove wetlands. water sport operators collect clients from hotel docks and small outboard ferries run on a regular schedule (wherever passengers flag them down). Cheap ($8 to $13)

You can see a great deal round Ambergris Caye using just a mask and snorkel. No beaches, per se.

Hol Chan Marine Reserve, marine sanctuary, remains the most popular attraction in Belize. Vivid example of how well underwater parks can work.

Full day reef trips: three coral atolls: Turneffe Atoll ($170), Lighthouse Reef Atoll Great Blue Hole and Half Moon Caye National Monument ($240 including park fees) "will definitely spice up your diving"

Blue Hold is most famous dive site

Half Moon Caye has wall dives and bird sanctuary

Astrum Helicopters offers aerial view.

That about summarizes the article