• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Celebrity Century Jun. 3, 2010

Rate this topic

Century was the first Celebrity ship that we sailed on. WE LOVED HER! We've been hooked on Celebrity ever since. It's a smaller ship. Service is top notch. The room is beautiful. Everything about the cruise was incredible. (And we had been on many before sailing the Century)

If you go up to Meeting Hall, look and see if anyone has posted your cruise. Make sure you have posted it (It's how we wish you Bon Voyage)!

Century was the first Celebrity ship that we sailed on. WE LOVED HER! We've been hooked on Celebrity ever since. It's a smaller ship. Service is top notch. The room is beautiful. Everything about the cruise was incredible. (And we had been on many before sailing the Century)

If you go up to Meeting Hall, look and see if anyone has posted your cruise. Make sure you have posted it (It's how we wish you Bon Voyage)!

thanks for the insight! when did you sail on her- before or after refurbishment?

i sailed on galaxy (sister ship) back in '05, was my first cruise and I loved it.

Last ship I was on was Solsitce, and I know its nothing like that class of ships-but the Century seems to keep that warm, traditional charm. Galaxy is no longer with the fleet :sad2: I hope its a great experience too! No one else has posted that cruise yet.. :unsure: hopefully as time gets closer a few will sign up..

I'm guessing: 2002 or 2003. It is a quaint ship and I hope it remains that way. What stands out is Marcy's daughter and husband (boyfriend at the time) joined us on the cruise. Tom had never cruised. We kept assuring him over and over that he will NEVER feel the movement of the ship because of time of year that we were travelling (March) AND that our rooms were high up and in the middle of the ship.

We NEVER expected to be caught at the tail end of a hurricane. The ship rocked from side to side. The looks that he gave us were incredible. (We all survived and no one got sick). However, HE spent most of the at sea days in the art auction area! He figured out that that was the only place on the ship where he didn't feel the ship move. Thankfully he never purchased anything.

I'm guessing: 2002 or 2003. It is a quaint ship and I hope it remains that way. What stands out is Marcy's daughter and husband (boyfriend at the time) joined us on the cruise. Tom had never cruised. We kept assuring him over and over that he will NEVER feel the movement of the ship because of time of year that we were travelling (March) AND that our rooms were high up and in the middle of the ship.

We NEVER expected to be caught at the tail end of a hurricane. The ship rocked from side to side. The looks that he gave us were incredible. (We all survived and no one got sick). However, HE spent most of the at sea days in the art auction area! He figured out that that was the only place on the ship where he didn't feel the ship move. Thankfully he never purchased anything.

Haha! I actually love the feeling of the smaller ships when they rock a bit..theres something familiarly soothing about it... when i was on Solstice, you couldnt feel a thing! I could never even tell when we left port

• 2 months later...

How was your cruise?

11-1974 to 03-1978 U.S.S. Saratoga CV-60

08-2000 Sovereign Of The Seas- Bahamas

06-2002 NCL Sky- Alaska

10-2004 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas

10-2006 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas

12-2006 Enchantment Of The Seas- Western Carib.

05-2008 Monarch Of The Seas- Baja Mexico

09-2009 NCL Sky- Bahamas

03-2010 Celebrity Century- Western Carib.