• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

On the Deck

Rate this topic

YulzBorgia

Has anyone else noticed that on Sea Days you always have to get up early to be able to grab the sun beds on the pool decks, and how if you dont you have to wait around till someone leaves to grab it. There are never enough of them, it sorta sucks. It would be so nice if there were enough of them for just about everyone, so that it wouldnt be suck a problem if you ask me. Anyone else have any views, or opinions on this, or on similar "issues"?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me is those who "reserve" their chairs and hardly ever use them. We pretty much go to the back of the ship and sit there. While I like to be in the middle of the ship where the music and action is, I agree that there just aren't enough deck chairs.

This is what I love most about Carnival's adults-only Serenity spots. We've always taken our time getting up and moving in the morning, and it's been our experience that we have always been able to find lounge chairs to lay out and get some sun in Serenity. Plus I like that they have speakers out there that pump out some soothing, relaxing tunes. The bar isn't bad either ;) lol

The Fantasy had an adults only Serenity Deck with two hot tubs and shower, and we loved it! It didn't have a bar, however it was well served. There was a full-time staffer that watched over the area and enforced the 18 and over rule. The lounges had very comfortable cushions. We never had a problem finding one. The only problem we had was cool weather and not much sun.

Another interesting thing they did on this ship: You have 2 beach towels in your cabin that you are responsible for. Your cabin steward replaces with fresh ones each evening. There is no towels available on the pool deck except ones you sign for at the towel stations. If you do not return a $25 charge is added to your account. This makes folks reluctant to leave their towels for long periods of time.

Click for photo:

http://www.cruisecrazies.com/community/Kei...albums/112/3168

Very True Costa has that at the back of this but its not that enforced, but its a recomemended area for adults so you really dont see children there.

but still MORE DECK CHAIRS would be amazing =)

With the towels i like how Costa has those "Garbage Can" looking stations by the pool, the new towels are on top and the dirty ones can be tossed in a bin right below them, And about every hour or so its emptied and restocked

Agreed i see people putting their towels and stuff down then they go to the gym and they dont use the chairs at all. Once i actually moved people towels cause thats all they had placed and they hadn't come back after about 2 hours. so i told myself, You Snooze you lose.

Well you can usually grab a lounge chair off the beaten path but I agree about "prime space". It is a problem. FWIW I found the same problem on land vacatons too. I had to get up early and claim a spot by the pool. I agree it adds some tension and who needs that on vacation.

My favorite is the hypocrisy of the posted signs at the pool on Princess ships. It specifically states that lounge chairs cannot be saved, and if no one is occupying the chair for 30 min., the towels will be removed and the chairs offered to other passengers. Well, I actually believed this statement and asked a pool deck hand to remove some towels so we could have a place to relax. He refused, stating that it is my responsibility to remove the towels. So I did. WELL!!!!!! This crazy old witch bat comes charging after me, yelling at me, told me she was right over THERE (pointing with her crotchety gnarly fingers with 4 rings the size of my eyes and blood-red nail polish). She was playing cards at the table with her friends (part of the coven???). We finally gave up and walked away. It's just not worth the aggravation, but Princess is not holding up their end of the arrangement. Rudeness and ignoring posted rules should not be tolerated. Someone on staff should have intervened. That certainly would have won the support and approval of every other passenger on that ship!

My favorite is the hypocrisy of the posted signs at the pool on Princess ships. It specifically states that lounge chairs cannot be saved, and if no one is occupying the chair for 30 min., the towels will be removed and the chairs offered to other passengers. Well, I actually believed this statement and asked a pool deck hand to remove some towels so we could have a place to relax. He refused, stating that it is my responsibility to remove the towels. So I did. WELL!!!!!! This crazy old witch bat comes charging after me, yelling at me, told me she was right over THERE (pointing with her crotchety gnarly fingers with 4 rings the size of my eyes and blood-red nail polish). She was playing cards at the table with her friends (part of the coven???). We finally gave up and walked away. It's just not worth the aggravation, but Princess is not holding up their end of the arrangement. Rudeness and ignoring posted rules should not be tolerated. Someone on staff should have intervened. That certainly would have won the support and approval of every other passenger on that ship!

I agree. You practiced discretion, Ellie, which is commendable. But perhaps next time you should just invite the old bat overboard. :angry: