• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Favorite Shore Trip - PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO

Rate this topic

btate

I am headed to Puerto Vallarta next week and would like to get everyone's opinion of what you did that you like and other things that you would pass on after doing it. .

Thanks for your comments.

The people in Puerto Villarta voted a number of years ago for zero tolerance on crime, graffitti, etc. No unusual to see armed men outside of banks. Blew our minds the first time, but once it was explained we totally understood.

Puerto Villarta is very clean but much older. We've gone snorkeling, we've done the city tour (on our own), we did the shops.

I am headed to Puerto Vallarta next week and would like to get everyone's opinion of what you did that you like and other things that you would pass on after doing it. .

Thanks for your comments.

I'm trying to find the name of it, but when we stopped in PV last April on the Splendor we did what turned out to be the best excursion we've ever done. It was an 8 hour all day thing. We got on this 1930's racing yacht that had been restored and spend the first 2 hours sailing out along the coastline to the spot where we ended up snorkeling for an hour or so. We then motored another 30 mins to this cove where we had lunch and got to hang on the beach, go horseback riding, etc, all before a 2.5 hour sail back to the ship. They fed us a really nice breakfast of fresh fruits and various pastries on the way out, and made the best margaritas on the way back. It was about as nice of a day as we've ever spent on vacation.