• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First time cruise help!?

Rate this topic

mikedeb

Help!!! Planning first cruise for wifes 50th b-day, in Jan. 2011. Biggest boat ever on was a 16ft alumicraft in Nipawin Canada. Anyway, booked 7 nite western caribbean, cozumel, grand cayman, jamaica.. Any advice on shore trips would be very helpful.. one thing I can't swim, wife is afraid of heights. other than that looking foward to cruise. how long does boarding take, details! Please help!!!

Mike in Castle Rock, Colorado..

Help!!! Planning first cruise for wifes 50th b-day, in Jan. 2011. Biggest boat ever on was a 16ft alumicraft in Nipawin Canada. Anyway, booked 7 nite western caribbean, cozumel, grand cayman, jamaica.. Any advice on shore trips would be very helpful.. one thing I can't swim, wife is afraid of heights. other than that looking foward to cruise. how long does boarding take, details! Please help!!!

Mike in Castle Rock, Colorado..

I went to cozumel and grand cayman in november. Seven mile beach is great in grand cayman and cheap public transportation to it. We went to a beach in Cozumel that was all-inclusive but it was so crowded that it was unpleasant. There is great shopping there. Beaches and water activities are my thing though.

Mike, we've been on many Carnival ships. They all have their own personalities. Some are glitzier than others. After a while (many years later) it will become a blur.

Somehow we keep coming back to Carnival, so we must like them

Thank you all for the help! I will look in to all of it. The ship is the Carnival Triumph, any help on ship board stuff would be awesome,i.e. dress codes, dinner recommendations, anything else too!

Mike

We were on her last Oct. for NE/Canada. You can see my review here. Personally I thought the ship was fine. No issues at all. :thumbup: Any specific questions please ask though if you check out the review some of them may already be answered there. :smile: