• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Miracle vs. NCL Jewel out of New York: Which would you pick?

Rate this topic

guystamper

Hey all,

My partner and I and I are twin fraternal boys are looking at cruising out of New York on Memorial day weekend. We are stuck between NCL Jewel and the Carnival Miracle. We have sailed on NCL now twice and its was okay. Has anyone sailed on the Miracle? How are the cabins on board?

Is carnival Miracle gay friendly? Please let me know if you have sailed these two iteniaries to eastern Caribbean on either of these ships and what your opinion is?

Stefen & Steve

Nashville, TN

http://guystampin.com

Guys,

I was on the Miracle to Bermuda in April. We are going on her again this May 7th. We love the ship. Not to big and easy to get around on. Every year the Miracle does a nude cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. I'm sure they are gay friendly. I have not been on a ship that doesn't cater to all people.

My wife and I didn't like our first cruise on NCL Spirit some years ago. I do hear the Jewel is a great ship. We actually were thinking of that for 2011.

Bottom line, We are true Carnival Cruisers. We love the laid back atmosphere and the great service. NCL has to many extra charges for dining and other things. Not saying Carnival doesn't have extra charges, but not for dining. It added up on the Spirit.

Good luck in your choice, hope this helped.

One more thing. The Balcony rooms are very spacious. They also have rooms that have an extended balcony. If you are into sitting on it, the extended is good.

We are going on the 8 day to the Bahamas, I think that's the same cruise on Memorial Day.

We did a back to back on the Miracle November 2007. We had a balcony cabin. The price was incredible. I truly think Carnival has the market on price! If you can overlook the purple grapes in the dining room, everything else is wonderful. First leg was 8-days eastern; second leg was 8-days exotic western. The only thing that didn't change was the menu. I was surprised about that. Same menu no matter where you travel. So there were 2 nights that we didn't like what was offered in the main dining room.

We have been on NCL 3 times and I sincerely doubt if we will cruise with them again. Each experience was a little worse than the last.

I have never experienced any adversity to any race, gender or sexual preference on a cruise. I'm sure, like everywhere, it's out there.

Guys,

I was on the Miracle to Bermuda in April. We are going on her again this May 7th. We love the ship. Not to big and easy to get around on. Every year the Miracle does a nude cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. I'm sure they are gay friendly. I have not been on a ship that doesn't cater to all people.

My wife and I didn't like our first cruise on NCL Spirit some years ago. I do hear the Jewel is a great ship. We actually were thinking of that for 2011.

Bottom line, We are true Carnival Cruisers. We love the laid back atmosphere and the great service. NCL has to many extra charges for dining and other things. Not saying Carnival doesn't have extra charges, but not for dining. It added up on the Spirit.

Good luck in your choice, hope this helped.

I have only been on one cruise and that was

Carnival but have since been advised by many to try Norwegian instead. Will you elaborate on the extra charges? Carnival charged extra for one restaurant and for gym classes. I was very disappointed that their was not line dancing/zumba type activities for free.

Hey all,

My partner and I and I are twin fraternal boys are looking at cruising out of New York on Memorial day weekend. We are stuck between NCL Jewel and the Carnival Miracle. We have sailed on NCL now twice and its was okay. Has anyone sailed on the Miracle? How are the cabins on board?

Is carnival Miracle gay friendly? Please let me know if you have sailed these two iteniaries to eastern Caribbean on either of these ships and what your opinion is?

Stefen & Steve

Nashville, TN

When I was on the Legend in November, there was a group of lesbians who were there and they were not accepted well but that is because they were totally obnoxious. They were literally up in the faces of passengers being belligerent. They were often drunk to the point of rowdiness. That being said, any passengers who behaved so offensively would have been received negatively. I don't know what happened

Hey all,

Stefen & Steve

Nashville, TN

Hi there,

I sailed on the Miracle out of NY for 8-day Eastern Caribbean a couple of years back. We had a balcony room. It was roomy enough and I enjoyed the balcony alot! The ship is nice and we enjoyed everything. I did not see any blantant disciminatory behaviors from others, but then I do not feed into that anyway. Everyone was friendly! Hope u have a great time! I am sailing for first time on RCI out of Bayonne in two weeks...royal family suite...woohoo!!

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

Stefen & Steve

Nashville, TN

Hi there,

I sailed on the Miracle out of NY for 8-day Eastern Caribbean a couple of years back. We had a balcony room. It was roomy enough and I enjoyed the balcony alot! The ship is nice and we enjoyed everything. I did not see any blantant disciminatory behaviors from others, but then I do not feed into that anyway. Everyone was friendly! Hope u have a great time! I am sailing for first time on RCI out of Bayonne in two weeks...royal family suite...woohoo!!

Well we picked the Carnival Miracle after good reviews from all and hope that we can meet others on board. Its weird because we are less than a month out and still not seeing alot of people on board.

We got a category 9F i think which is a demi-suite or oversized balcony cabin.

Thanks

Stefen

We sailed on one of her sister ships, the Legend. She is still the best laid out ship that I have ever cruised on. One of my favorite. I think that you'll love it.