• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Miracle vs. NCL Jewel out of New York: Which would you pick?

Rate this topic

guystamper

I think you made a great choice. We have sailed NCL three times too many. Each time the experience was not as good as other ships that we have been on.

As for fitness charges, I only recall extra fees for yoga or pilates classes. I am a fitness nut (as well as a trained fitness instructor and personal trainer) so I take as many classes as possible when I travel. I have to remind myself that the average person taking classes usually doesn't exercise to my level and the teachers on the ships teach to that level (and not mine).

I have taken the classes that the ship dancers offer in the lounges and love them. They were all free and usually occured on at sea days. I'm hoping that the ships will offer Zumba. I totally am in love with it.

I was just thinking this morning that with all the time that we have on the islands, there really is no reason why I cannot fit in a yoga or Zumba class on the island.

Have a blast. Let us know what you think of the Miracle (by the way, totally overlook the dining room decor)

• 4 weeks later...
We sailed on one of her sister ships, the Legend. She is still the best laid out ship that I have ever cruised on. One of my favorite. I think that you'll love it.

we sailed on the Legend back in 2006 to Bermuda, we've been on 3 other ships since and the Legend remains my favorite ship that we've been on

we plan on sailing on the Miracle next yr, again to Bermuda from NYC