• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Where to stay in Hong Kong

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Larry we stayed at the Hyatt In Hong Kong very pricey but we had alot of point so it wasn't to bad.

Kowloon would be my choice if we went back. Very easy to get around. Taxi or ferry will get you to Hong Kong with no problem. I hope this helps.

Joe

Hi guys: we are looking for a central area to stay in Hong Kong, one close to the attractions. Is Kowloon good for that? Any recs appreciated. Thanks, Larry :cool2:

Larry we stayed at the Hyatt In Hong Kong very pricey but we had alot of point so it wasn't to bad.

Kowloon would be my choice if we went back. Very easy to get around. Taxi or ferry will get you to Hong Kong with no problem. I hope this helps.

Joe

Hi guys: we are looking for a central area to stay in Hong Kong, one close to the attractions. Is Kowloon good for that? Any recs appreciated. Thanks, Larry :cool2:

It does. How would you comapre the island of HK to Kowloon? I've heard that HKI is nicer, quieter and has better shops and restaurants and is a bit safer. Kowloon, OTOH seems to be more frenetic and has more of a hustle and bustle to it. Would you agree with this? Thanks you. Larry :smile:

Larry I am no expert at this. If you stay in Kowloon you will have no trouble getting to HK. Very easy so I won't let that bother me. I had a suit made in HK and bought some Jade rings and other jewelry. In Kowloon I bought the most spectacular Coffee table and 2 end tables anyone has ever seen. (at least around here) It was at Far eastern furnishings co. If it were me an I was going back I would stay in Kowloon. Again we were there for 5 days so by any means not an expert. I envy you going there. I would love to go back. Maybe some day. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Joe

Joe

It does. How would you comapre the island of HK to Kowloon? I've heard that HKI is nicer, quieter and has better shops and restaurants and is a bit safer. Kowloon, OTOH seems to be more frenetic and has more of a hustle and bustle to it. Would you agree with this? Thanks you. Larry :smile:

Thanks again Joe. At this time I am undecided between the two. I do sort of like the idea of being on HKI in that if the nicer restaurants are there and as we pretty much retire after dinner then we would not have to go too far to get to out hotel after our meal. We also like to take a walk after dinner and I've heard that its nicer and a bit safer on this side. We'll see. Larry :smile:

Well the boss made a choice. :biggrin: We were looking at hotels and she saw the Harbour Grand on HKI, which is on the north coast and fell in love with it so we booked it. Its a bit less than others of the same ilk too. Did yopu ever go to Macau? Cheers, Larry :cool2:

Kowloon is the very famous place in Hong Kong, the name of this place means "Nine Dragons". It is the very beautiful area and location of Hong Kong which is surrounded by all the great shopping plazas, housing accommodation apartments and you can get avail all the amenities here as well.

These are the some other attractions of the Hong Kong as well which are very famous and popular in the travelers as well.

Ocean Park

Victoria Bay

Hong Kong Disneyland

Victoria Peak

Wong Tai Sin Temple.

Kowloon is the very famous place in Hong Kong, the name of this place means "Nine Dragons". It is the very beautiful area and location of Hong Kong which is surrounded by all the great shopping plazas, housing accommodation apartments and you can get avail all the amenities here as well.

These are the some other attractions of the Hong Kong as well which are very famous and popular in the travelers as well.

Ocean Park

Victoria Bay

Hong Kong Disneyland

Victoria Peak

Wong Tai Sin Temple.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how far the metro is from the hotel we will be staying at? :smile: