• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THEFT ON THE CARNIVAL SPIRIT 4/4/2010

Rate this topic

I was recently (4/4/2010) on the Carnival Spirit for the first time and enjoyed my cruise except for one thing. This was my first time on Carnival, and I had been to the Mexican Rivera five times before. On Saturday, on our way up the line to San Diego I received a letter from Guest Services stating they needed to see me. I went to the desk and was told my credit card wasn’t working. I carry a zero balance every month so I was perplexed with my card being denied. The desk ran the card again and again it was denied. So, I called my bank and it turns out there were fraudulent charges in the Philippines. HMM…I have never been there, was on the ship at the time, and used the card last in San Diego to set up my Sail N’ Sign account. I left my cards in my room safe the whole time. I was stumped on how my cards were compromised while on the ship? The charges were from the day before on Friday. I filed a complaint on the ship, and with Carnival in Florida. They all told me it was impossible for it to happen on the ship. They are now giving me the run-around. I would advise everyone to keep your cards on you at all times and do not trust the room safes or your Room Stewards. I found it odd how after I made my complaint on the ship I didn’t see the Room Steward (who was from the Philippines) again and my room was not serviced for the rest of the voyage. CRUISERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very bad story and this feels too sad after heard out all this and there should be no kind of such accident next time and there should be some precautionary measures for such incidents and other contingencies if happened to anybody and this is all a very worse thing as well.

One should always be vigilant and be active and keep an eye on the surroundings and always have a sharp observation whether any person is following you and especially when you are moving out of your room, and the room service department must be trust worthy for checking in your room and there must be some recording camera inside every room in the cruise to catch all the activities in the room as well. So, always be careful and be awake and cautious with your all around and always make some precautionary measures for sure.

... and there must be some recording camera inside every room in the cruise to catch all the activities in the room as well. So, always be careful and be awake and cautious with your all around and always make some precautionary measures for sure.

I am sorry, I do not agree that there should be a camera in every room. My cabin is my haven while I am on a cruise, what I do in there, as long as it is not illegal is my own business, not that of Carnival or any other cruiseline.

Considering all of the 1,000's of people that cruise, theft is bond to happen, however I do not believe it was the cabin steward.

As Laura said, this same story of theft was posted on another forum and there as here, she did not answer any questions as to specifics. In fact, she has never posted again, or at least not under that name.

Most cruise lines have put safes in all staterooms not only to protect their guests, but to protect themselves, as well. Surveillance cameras in your private room would never be considered.