• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

Gone for two days and MaryLou again, makes the supreme sacrifice for the group.  I can't commit how much I can send.  I'm married and don't get any money!doh.gif

Godd luck Lisa, fingers are crossed.

I know I make great sacrifices for this group Steve but some one has got to check out the Martini situation on the Explorer before this group trip goes any further.

Just make sure there's some left for our cruise, MaryLou!  naughty.gif

We thought you all might find this article interesting. For those flying in to Newark as we are, don't forget to pack that TP!

Oh Pooh! City Stops Buying Toilet Paper

You know times are tough when you have to bring your own toilet paper to work. And that's exactly what the good employees of the city of Newark will have to do now that Mayor Cory Booker has announced a series of belt-tightening moves for the cash-strapped city that include not supplying toilet paper for city employees, as well as paper for their printers.
MyFoxNY.com reports that with a city budget shortfall of $70 million, other cuts include furloughing most city employees one day a week, closing all the city pools for a savings of $250,000 and not purchasing gasoline for municipal vehicles that are not deemed critically important. Police officers, firefighters and sanitation workers are not part of the furlough plan. Booker's plan is to balance the budget without raising taxes. "Taxes can not be the answer," he told reporters at a news conference, noting property taxes in Newark have gone up 76 percent in last decade and 19 percent in the past five years. 
Booker is also slashing the budget for holiday decorations. "Call me Mr. Scrooge, if you want, but they'll be no Christmas decorations around the city," he told reporters.

Marylou....That is such a good plan to check out the martini's before we go.  Again you are such a trooper!  Always thinking of the group first.  When you were born they must have broken the mold.  Also, beat the crap out of the mold maker!doh.gifLOL