• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal or Whaletail?

Rate this topic

Hi, I new here and poking about.

I've read a lot of posts and reviews at several cruise sites and noticed a line in the sand between customers of Royal Caribbean and those of Carnival. Some folks can really get fierce defending their brand and can get rather snarky about the other. razz.gif

Which do you prefer and why?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We prefer Royal Caribbean....but it is the only line we have cruised with! LOL We have always been completely satisfied so why change? If I received a great offer from another line I would consider it.

WOW! Variety is the spice of life. We have tried Carnival a couple times. Last year on the Conquest had a horrendous experience and we're not too thrilled to try again any time soon. Twice with RCCL.. Alaska was "the Bomb"! Took HAL last fall and totally fell in love. Doing the Nieuw Amsterdam in November from FLL. Would like to try Celebrity and Princess if the ports are ones we are interested in.... such as Canada/New England. Want to do 2 stops in Maine if possible. I love to cruise and could do it every month if I had the time and money. Not enough vacation time right now plus our salaries have dropped and we are forced to furlough 6 days. So, I will enjoy every cruising minute!

Thanks for your input! As you tell from my signature, we haven't cruised with Carnival, so we have no opinion of our own. One couple we know loves them, another who prefer HAL, hates them. We usually cruise from Baltimore (one hour away) and will likely sail on the Pride someday.

The Enchantment OTS does a 9 day NE and Canada with stops at Portland and Bar Harbor, ME. We did this a couple years ago. Great cruise. My wife had a lobster roll in every port.

Of the cruises we've taken, Celebrity and HAL remain our favorites. That doesn't mean we won't cruise with the other lines. If the price is right along with the timing we will go! There is no bad cruises, however there is better cruises.