• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anyone used bidding for cruises?

Rate this topic

1shipshape

True. In 2008 we took an RCI cruise for 7 days to the so. Caribbean. As there were 3 of us we opted for a jr. suite for the extra room. Costco gave us $450.00 in OBC that time. Not bad I think. cool.gif

The only other "good" deals I've had in the past few years has come by waiting until 4-6 months out from the sailing date and then using an online service that highly discounts so that the cruises will fill up. You won't necessarily get the room you want, but we did a "Guarantee" and got upgraded. Worked out great for us. I would do it again. Also, there are certain discounts for being over 55, state of residency, being a teacher, etc. I think I might be able to get some good deals that way.

• 2 weeks later...

These web-resources do provide some good online cruise destinations, on which there are different options of cruising at diferent packages as well. Cheap cruises are also available for the people who wish budgeted and economical cruises as well

• 4 weeks later...

I've used Cruise Compete several times.  Or, at least had them bid.  Booked through them about 50% of the time.  No problems.

With all the cruises we have taken, it is all about the best deal and not about a "full service" TA.

Have to admit I've never tried Costco, will have to check them out next time clap.gif