• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Welcome to the New & Improved CruiseCrazies!

Rate this topic

sailingrose

Hey Everyone,

It gives me great pleasure to announce the....

Immediate Grand Re-Opening of the New & Improved CruiseCrazies, the "Friendliest Cruise Community on the Net!" As you can see, we have a completely new look, and we have gone back to using our familiar forums we had used in the past! biggrin.gif So what does this mean? All the previous features we have used, such as View Last Post, View New Content, simple formatting, are all back! Also we have LOTS of new features.....Facebook/Twitter account integration, Reputation levels, Link sharing, Comment on Comments, and much more!

It's not just the Forums that are reverting back to the old platform - It's the entire site! Once all has been completed, the CruiseCrazies Community will be much more tightly integrated than ever before...For the first time ever, each and every CruiseCrazies feature, including Cruise News, Cruise Reviews, Forums, and everything else, will be built within one platform...For 100% seamless community integration, ease of use, additional functionality, simple navigation, and maximum accessibility. Migrating back to the previously used software has been a HUGE undertaking, but nevertheless we have made it! Though there's still lots of work to do, we are now able to use the new site while the minor glitches are ironed out and the remaining features restored. To make the transition as seamless as possible for all members, all data including forum messages, profiles, signatures, and more, has been preserved and copied over to the new system. Most of the site's features, such as the forums, are already available, however there still are a few pending items that are in the works - Who's Cruising, Cruise Reviews, and a few others. I hope to have them restored (with all previously submitted content) within 1 week.

To help organize all questions, answers, bug reports, and information related to the New CruiseCrazies, I created a temporary forum category for this purpose. I highly recommend that you read the messages (at least the Pinned Topics in each forum), so you're aware of the important account information, new features, and frequently asked questions regarding the new site. Here are the links:

Again, welcome aboard to the New & Improved CruiseCrazies, and enjoy using the new bells and whistles! If you have any questions, please let us know in the appropriate forums or topics above! See you online! =)

Hey Everyone,

After 2 months of continuous designing and planning, it gives me great pleasure to announce the immediate grand opening of the New & Improved CruiseCrazies, the "Friendliest Cruise Community on the Net!" As you can see, we have a completely new look, and we have gone back to using our familiar forums we had used in the past! :biggrin:

Over the last 1.5 years, we've put a great deal of emphasis on social networking components. They're cool...Yes...But do we want to be like another Facebook? No! We are much different...We are "The Friendliest Cruise Community on the Net!" For that reason we have decided to shift our emphasis back to why our community was originally founded - Cruise discussions and information! As you can see, we have placed more focus on discussions and content - Not social networking. Those features are still here, however they have a completely different look and feel, and you'll need to dig a bit more to find them! :tongue:

It's not just the Forums that are reverting back to the old platform - It's the entire site! Once all has been completed, the CruiseCrazies Community will be much more tightly integrated than ever before...For the first time ever, each and every CruiseCrazies feature, including Cruise News, Cruise Reviews, Forums, and everything else, will be built within the existing framework...For 100% community integration, ease of use, simple navigation, and maximum accessibility. All data including forum messages, profiles, signatures, and more, has been preserved and copied over to the new system for you, to make the transition as seamless as possible. Please note that there are a few issues I am working out and will continue to address until they are all resolved.

Most of the site's features are already completed, however there still are a few pending items that are in the works - Who's Cruising.....and....Cruise Reviews. I hope to have them restored (with all previously submitted content) within 1 week.

I have created a new forum category (where this topic is located) to be used temporarily as a means of tracking all outstanding issues, concerns, questions, and general troubleshooting members may have while we each become re-accustomed to the community and it's new features.

Thanks for the hardwork Jason!