• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Member Introductions

Rate this topic

Jason

Welcome to CruiseCrazies, Jon. I've done the Disney Magic out of Port Canaveral with my two adult daughters. What a great get-away. All the "magic" of Disney without the theme park insanity! :laugh: Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon cruise. Please report back and tell us all about it!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I have been on about six cruises with my 7th coming up January 2020. I have traveled a lot but had never been a fan of cruising until last year. I don't know if it's because I'm older and wiser or cheaper (if possible). LOL. Now it seems that all I want to do is cruise. My first cruise was on Dolphin in the early 90's, they are no longer in business.

I have so far cruised on Princess, Carnival, MSC and NCL.  So far MSC is my favorite. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 1:41 AM, Dream said:

Hello everyone,

I have been on about six cruises with my 7th coming up January 2020. I have traveled a lot but had never been a fan of cruising until last year. I don't know if it's because I'm older and wiser or cheaper (if possible). LOL. Now it seems that all I want to do is cruise. My first cruise was on Dolphin in the early 90's, they are no longer in business.

I have so far cruised on Princess, Carnival, MSC and NCL.  So far MSC is my favorite. 

Welcome! Glad to hear you have finally discovered the joy of cruising.🙂 I'd love to hear what you love about MSC and why it's your favorite. It's certainly gaining in popularity, so they must be doing something right!

Since you've got cruising on your mind, I'm organizing a group cruise on the new Sky Princess for Nov. 5, 2020, Caribbean from NYC to Miami. Why not join us - the link with all the info is in my signature. 

Enjoy the Pride to Hawaii! That one is on my list, and hope to get there within a couple of years. 

On 12/11/2019 at 8:02 AM, Jan115 said:

Welcome! Glad to hear you have finally discovered the joy of cruising.🙂 I'd love to hear what you love about MSC and why it's your favorite. It's certainly gaining in popularity, so they must be doing something right!

Since you've got cruising on your mind, I'm organizing a group cruise on the new Sky Princess for Nov. 5, 2020, Caribbean from NYC to Miami. Why not join us - the link with all the info is in my signature. 

Enjoy the Pride to Hawaii! That one is on my list, and hope to get there within a couple of years. 

Hi,

I can't say that there's one particular reason that MSC is my favorite. I know that for me they have had the best staff so far and so far the best ship that I've be on (keep in mind I've only done 7 about to do my 8th). Not even close to what you have done!

Sky Princess in November 5, 2020 (day after my birthday) sounds nice but I'm cruising to Dubai December 2020.

Thanks for the invite.

• 10 months later...

SAILED MSC 5 TIMES .....NO COMPLAINTS REALLY ....FOOD OK ,NOT GREAT ....BUT WERE NOT FOODIES ....WE BOOK FOR ITINARIES.....STAY MOSTLY IN BALCONY CABINS ...NOT FUSSY ABOUT AFT BALCONY CABINS....LITTLE NOISEY AND BOUNCY ......GETTING OFF THE SHIP TO GO HOME IS A CHORE ...THEY NEVER IMPROVED ON THIS ASPECT

22 hours ago, JIGGY said:

WE WOULD LIKE TO SAIL TO HAWAII IN SEPT OR OCT FROM VANCOUVER IN SEPT OR OCTOBER 2021 ,HAS ANYBODY DONE ANT RESEARCH ON THIS CRUISE ....LOOKING AT 15 NIGHT PLUS ...BALCONY ...TWO SENIORS....

Welcome aboard!

Celebrity and Holland America are scheduled to have Hawaii cruises from Vancouver next September. Here’s a link to compare the two: Cruise Comparison

Holland America is the longer of the two, 18 days, and I love the ship - the Koningsdam.

Edited by Jan115

23 hours ago, JIGGY said:

WE WOULD LIKE TO SAIL TO HAWAII IN SEPT OR OCT FROM VANCOUVER IN SEPT OR OCTOBER 2021 ,HAS ANYBODY DONE ANT RESEARCH ON THIS CRUISE ....LOOKING AT 15 NIGHT PLUS ...BALCONY ...TWO SENIORS....

Hi Jiggy,   We have done that sailing twice - both times with Royal Caribbean, on the Radiance.  This cruise sailed from Vancouver and ended in Honolulu, so it was only 11-days for the cruise itself.  We have also done roundtrip from LA on Princess, which was 15 days.  We did love the roundtrip, but the one-way gave us many more days in Hawaii....the itinerary itself was more port-intensive, and we tacked on a few days in Honolulu afterward.  We loved sailing out of Vancouver toward Hawaii; the weather was perfect in both September and October and after the first day or so, it was warm enough to be on the pool deck - in our bathing suits! 

Now that Celebrity and Holland are both sailing from Vancouver you have more choices - so go with the itinerary and dates that work best for you.  We love the Koningsdam and now that I know it is going....I will definitely look at that itinerary!  BTW - We are two seniors in a balcony - you will love the sea days on your balcony on this cruise!!

Be sure to tell us what you choose and when you go - we will cheer you on!

Edited by AndiD