• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Liberty of the Seas 19/2/11 - 27/2/11

Rate this topic

First time aboard this ship.

Curious as to what previous cruisers would recommend onboard activities and such.

Ports of Call:

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Labadee, Haiti

And Port of Call recommendations as well would be appreciated.

Thank you

and hope to cruise with some of you soon :))

I really can't recall the RCL ship that we were on, but I do think it was this one (senior brain kicking in. I'll have to look at my memory books). If this is the same ship, it was beautiful. Lots of deep wood tones throughout which I found very soothing.

Your ports of call are fabulous! We have never been to Haiti so I can only address three of the four:

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. (if you shop and love jewelry, this is where you get the deals. Remember to bargain). We have been here many times. We love to snorkel and have gone to St Johnsand St Thomas to snorkel. We have done excursions on our own and from the ship. In November, we were supposed to have a "jet ski" type excursion but the weather did not cooperate. We've also gone to their hands-on acquarium/museum (twice) which is fabulous. There was a shooting/killing incident in St. Thomas about a year ago (gang related). We were there in Nov and did not feel nervous or threatened at all.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten. Truly our most favorite port. We have always hired our own taxi driver and negotiated the price of the cab for the duration of time that we hired the driver (no matter how many in the cab). First time there the driver took us all around the island (both sides) and stopped at HIS favorite places which is so different from the tourist places. Everyone who goes to St Maarten says that the food "is to die for". Because we spend such few precious hours in these ports, we opt not to spend them in a restaurant. But I'm told it's well worth it. Again, we love the ocean and the ocean sports so we tend to gravitate toward "Rhino Riding". Just imagine a 2-seater motorcycle in the ocean.

San Juan, Puerto Rico. A remarkeable city with loads of history. Old San Juan is a very easy walk from the pier. The fort is a must see if you are interested in that type of history. The city is full of culture, music, dancing, etc. If you are fortunate to be there in the evening, see if the ship offers the luminescent bay as an excursion. The fish glow in the dark. We're afraid of heights. But I'm told there is some great zip lining in their rain forest. Depending on how much time you are in San Juan depends on whether you should rent your own car and just drive around. The first 2 times we were there, the stops were half days. Our November stop was a good 8-10 hours so we really got our fill of the city just by walking around and doing our own sight seeing.

The RCL line, as all the other lines, has a daily paper which lists all of the activities. I think of it as "summer camp". Lots of choices and not enough time to partake in all of them.

I feel your excitement on your February vacation and can't wait to read your post when you return.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! Liberty of the Seas is a beautiful ship, quite large and full exciting shows & activities. as for the Ports of Calls, I've been to all of them and each one offers its own choise of actitvities. If you enjoy Snorkeling Labade, Haiti is the place as well as for Jetski's, There is also some attractions on the beach, such as the zip line, Swimming ect. And a lovely lunch is served right on the Shore. I enjoyed the liberty more than the Oasis of the Seas which was too large for my liking. Enjoy your Cruise!:biggrin:

Edited by dino1pa

Congratulations on booking your cruise. We've never cruised the Liberty of the Seas. We hope you are able to give us all a full report after your cruise.:smile: :smile:

you will definitly see one from me.

I've posted for the ships i can remember cruising on and i can't wait to leave a review about this one.

it will b e a definite change from always cruising Costa :)

• 1 month later...